Bite rim/custom tray in one?

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
It's not bad, have done them for years. Impression stabilizes bite. As long as bite is right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Our biggest concern was interference from the heals....and the heal over the retromolar pad area especially if there are dangling tuberosities.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Our biggest concern was interference from the heals....and the heal over the retromolar pad area especially if there are dangling tuberosities.
Valid point, no solution fits all circumstances

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
You are a very different animal than the average dentist doing dentures. In my neighborhood 3 resets are not uncommon. Getting more than midline marked without specifically requesting it is unusual. Only one that I know of does tracing.
I rarely need to do resets...even with really bad bites can get it close enough to just do a wash impression at the final tryin...Last case I did this week needed a reset but that is the first time in eons. I am usually within a millimeter with the freeway space too. But those cases I am using either VITA Synoform lowers or Monoplane lowers with lingualized uppers setup on a 20 degree curve.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
the biggest advantage I have heard about this method is that the final impression is used to achieve the final bite registration. But that can be deceiving because just when we think we have suction, remove the impression with good initial suction, give it a quick trim and try it back int he mouth and darnit no suction... that is how i CAN TELL IF WE REALLY HAVE ADEQUATE SUCTION...TAKE IT OUT AND TRY IN AGAIN AND SEE IF WE HAVE SUCTION.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
In general i think its a bad idea.
Another bad idea is when the try-in comes back for a finish with a new round of impression material inside the base plate.

In my experience with that kind of stuff... its almost always a young dentist that does not "really" understand removables yet.
And.. of course they sometimes think they are pulling off some kind of sly 2 for 1 deal to save a buck.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Yeah might work well. One bite registration I had a while back with a man with severe Parkinsons and could not withstand very much procedure....but managed to mount it all and close it up on the articulator...finished denture had a IMG_2205 (Small).JPG IMG_2206 (Small).JPG IMG_2207 (Small).JPG checkbite again and turned out quite well....

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score