BioZX2 translucent Zr

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I have experimented with several different brands of FCZ material over the past few years. I would find something about this brand I liked but something about this other brand I likes better etc. etc. etc.. The biggest problem I was having on general was shading. There are several good materials out there, but they are incomplete as a system to me. I have talked with several manufacturers and even tested a few that have not made it to market yet. Everyone seems to be focused on translucency etc. but shading seems to be kind of an afterthought. Well, I FINALLY found what I was looking for;) maximum overall esthetics from the material standpoint and a dead on, simple and fast shading system. This stuff absolutely rocks! AND, it's at 1450c for the high temp! Saves your elements and time. Water based so no issues.

It is so soft to mill. I have around 500 units on my diamond burs now. Ill give the final count when I finally have to change them;) seems like this material saves you time and money in multiple ways. I learned a lot about Zr from Tom Hagan at Dental Arts. I had a few inaccuracies in my beliefs when it comes to ways to increase translucency. They have a paste glaze and stain kit to go along with their system. Their glaze is the best I have ever used. I can glaze monolithic Emax in one glaze firing! Same with FCZ. One shot! I have done a few Emax LT and BioZ posteriors side by side. Very subtle difference. It will blow your Doctors away;) ill keep you guys posted.

Jason

In case someone is interested. I order it from Tom Hagan at Dental Arts. (563) 529-1724

C

charles007

Reaction score
Trader,,, I thought this was our little secret ...
You should have taken my advice last year lol

DLN members, lets keep this our little secret ;)

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Trader,,, I thought this was our little secret ...
You should have taken my advice last year lol

DLN members, lets keep this our little secret ;)

I'm still waiting on some pics Charles?

C

charles007

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on some pics Charles?
If I did that, you would want to sell your Origin mills and throw out thousands of dollars worth of Bruxzir....
I'm your friend Tyler, keep using Bruxzir, its great, and I will continue to pass out your tel # :)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I use this material for almost a year , and it is very very good . I tried some other stuff too , but couldn't get a consistent result . Jason , did you try the new colors (orange , incisal grey , violet ,etc) or you got the old kit (body and two different enamel)? I usually mill around 150 units with a set a simple carbide burs , I believe I can mill more but at this number I see a little chipping . At what temperature are you firing the glaze ? I am almost sure it is the same as GC luster paste . One glaze firing for me too . You should try their regular zirc too , it is very good .

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Jason, really good of you to share.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Jason, really good of you to share.

Anytime:) I have a few local labs I design and mill a few FCZ crowns for and they could not believe how this material looks.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Made me curious, will give try for sure.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I hate you Jason :), I have been really happy with my Zenostar, now you made me curious, should I continue to hide my head in the sand? Right when I have my units dialed in your make me consider relearning everything

Time for a beer@!

Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
never used other zirconia brands on my imes 240i asaveimg.ru_thumbnails_07_06_13_2320b3ffb48891a1cc4454b76e1bebae.JPG
asaveimg.ru_thumbnails_07_06_13_2320b3ffb48891a1cc4454b76e1bebae.JPG

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I hate you Jason :), I have been really happy with my Zenostar, now you made me curious, should I continue to hide my head in the sand? Right when I have my units dialed in your make me consider relearning everything

Time for a beer@!

Lmao! That's what I'm here for John;) I nailed a D4 with it yesterday. Right out of the oven;)

2bearnest

Reaction score
we have been getting biozx2 as well but we aren't thrilled. Difficult to shade match and has very little opalescence. Not all that much more translucent either.

Any thoughts on Luna?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
we have been getting biozx2 as well but we aren't thrilled. Difficult to shade match and has very little opalescence. Not all that much more translucent either.

Any thoughts on Luna?

Are you processing it yourself or outsourcing it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

corona

corona

Reaction score
sounds promising jason .... do you have any pics to share to compare ? thanks . corona.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
sounds promising jason .... do you have any pics to share to compare ? thanks . corona.

I just picked up a light box last week. Ill see if I can get some decent photos and then ill post them up;) I have so many things I want to post but this material is difficult to photograph. I have been testing several materials and getting some really interesting results. Just having trouble with accurate photo documentation. Just received two new model materials in puck form to mill out;) one for the model and one for the die.