BioHorizons and Zimmer compatibility

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
So for a while Zimmer abutments were compatible with Biohorizons. I guess its been about a year I've noticed more BioHorizons specific abutments (NT-Trading, etc). Did they find its not as compatible as once thought or just trying to sell more scan bodies?

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
BioHorizons is attempting to push a conical connection with their implant as a way to differentiate from all the other internal hex implants. This article goes into this - https://vsr.biohorizons.com/GetDocument?DocumentId=65703.

DESS is making a new BioHorizon's specific ti base and screw and it is a little bit different in design than the zimmer connection (albeit very minor).

S

SimSimSalabim

Reaction score
Nothing has actually changed about the BioHorizons connection in terms of "pushing a conical connection." However, I believe people are finally starting to appreciate that there is (and always has been) a difference between the zimmer connection and biohorizons. While dimensionally the difference is very minor, funcationlly it is a tremendous difference that can be the difference between bone loss and tissue preservation over the course of a few years. Hence, there is tremendous value in long-term clinical validation of authentic products, compared with "hey it fits" reverse engineered solutions that claim one size fits all "similar" platforms. The attached literature is a 40,000-ft view of some of the data behind benefits associated with a well-engineered connection.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I seem to be missing the attached literature quoted above . . . maybe I am not seeing it.
LCM

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe not enough posts to grant that permission?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Nope, I've hit that one a few times, it warns you and won't let you post a reply without reducing. BTW it's 10,000 characters.
I stand corrected.

Top Bottom