Bicon implant system?

S

SDS_SMC

Reaction score
Hello,

Terribly sorry if this is a dead-horse topic (I tried searching but I'm getting a server error).

A dentist recently asked about the Bicon implant system and if we had been trained in it. They want to use this implant system, but don't want to use the high priced labs recommended by Bicon.

What are your thoughts on this system?
Is their 2-day training worth it? Or can we obtain the same education through webcasts and other online videos?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We've done several Bicon cases. If your lab has has experience and confidence in implant cases, Bicon is about the same. While not my first choice, but very simple.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
They only have a tapped in abutment system from what I can see now still. May work well in post cases
because occlusion keeps the friction/tapped in abutment in place, but I wonder about retreivability.
Would not be system I request anytime soon personally. They market and advertise on
major journals.
LCM

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Hello,

Terribly sorry if this is a dead-horse topic (I tried searching but I'm getting a server error).

A dentist recently asked about the Bicon implant system and if we had been trained in it. They want to use this implant system, but don't want to use the high priced labs recommended by Bicon.

What are your thoughts on this system?
Is their 2-day training worth it? Or can we obtain the same education through webcasts and other online videos?
I’ve done several, the training is really a call only you can make. Many of us self teach and gain high levels of proficiency but at the cost of time and error. I would ask the office if they want to pay for you to attend the courses so they can have full confidence that you’ve got a foundation to build off of. The offices that have sent them in are the very offices who shouldn’t be using them. I really hope I never do another one.