Beyond FCZ Clear Inc 2/3rds.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm doing a FCZ #14 for my dad. He asked for a ging 1/3rd being a OM3, and the Inc 2/3rds having a translucent almost clear look. Probably an over bleached case.
I'm using normal Beyond as that is a bit more translucent than the Plus. I have the ging. color good enough, I just can't figure out how to get the clear look.

I did 2 crowns, one with .5 Incisal Enhancer, and another one with 1.0. on the buccal 2/3rds and occlusally. I didn't want chroma in that area, so I didn't dip them, only painted the ging 1/3rd with A1. They both are still to white. I'm not sure if going to a 1.5 I.E. will give me a more clear look, but rather just a low value look? Should I have dipped them to help with getting rid of some of the brightness, like in a A1 diluted 50/50 with distilled water? Is it something that needs to be micro layered with a clear porc or MiYo Structure Window on the buccal and is the only way to get the result he's looking for?

TIA :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I'm doing a FCZ #14 for my dad. He asked for a ging 1/3rd being a OM3, and the Inc 2/3rds having a translucent almost clear look. Probably an over bleached case.
I'm using normal Beyond as that is a bit more translucent than the Plus. I have the ging. color good enough, I just can't figure out how to get the clear look.

I did 2 crowns, one with .5 Incisal Enhancer, and another one with 1.0. on the buccal 2/3rds and occlusally. I didn't want chroma in that area, so I didn't dip them, only painted the ging 1/3rd with A1. They both are still to white. I'm not sure if going to a 1.5 I.E. will give me a more clear look, but rather just a low value look? Should I have dipped them to help with getting rid of some of the brightness, like in a A1 diluted 50/50 with distilled water? Is it something that needs to be micro layered with a clear porc or MiYo Structure Window on the buccal and is the only way to get the result he's looking for?

TIA :)
cutback, layer with Miyo window ;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm now converted to the structure over layering.
It takes a leap of faith to convert from a career of old habits but it's cases like this that makes me a believer.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
cutback, layer with Miyo window ;)

For me, I agree with you. I'm just doing the design, mill and sinter for him and his FCZ he sends me.

Even though I sent him some MiYO and InSync "stains" he may have a bit of a harder time with the Structure pastes, as IMO, they do tend to have a bit of a handling learning curve to them. I'm just hoping for something I can send him that will be a little better. Since it's an upper 1st molar, it is a bit of a saving grace compared to a lower 1st molar where it would be seen more easily.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I find using an instrument to apply the structure ( like I would for composite) and then feather it out with a fine brush works for me.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Probably Miyo window would work. Do you have any pics?

Sorry, I didn't see your post when I answered sbob.
He only gave me a script. I'm usually only sending him the sintered crowns. Maybe I should do this one for him with Window, so I can gain the experience for myself and make a mental note of how it comes out?

By the way, thank you both for your quick replies :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I find using an instrument to apply the structure ( like I would for composite) and then feather it out with a fine brush works for me.

Thanks for the helpful tip, as I've been struggling in trying to use a brush only.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful tip, as I've been struggling in trying to use a brush only.
The stuff can get dry quickly so I find I use extra liquid on a pallet.
for the record, I haven't had to do a crown like you described yet so I'm rooting for you big guy!....blame sidebbob if it doesn't work:cool:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I just called and talked to my dad...were just going to do it in a C4 :D

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Qslp74K.gif

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm now converted to the structure over layering.
It takes a leap of faith to convert from a career of old habits but it's cases like this that makes me a believer.

Just got around to listening to the song, yep, now I'm a believer. I like it :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
She's a lousy ceramist though.
Check out her other tunes when you get a chance.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Here's what I ended up with. It's not as clear and deep as I'd like, but I was limited in buccal room.
I'll let my dad go from here as far as his finishing touches (personalize) of the final texture, take the rough edge off of the Structure Window on the mesial Inc cusp edge, and the ging needing more glaze.

Thanks again for all your input, humor and music...lol, you guys covered it all :)

IMG_1859.JPG

K

KIM

Reaction score
Just got around to listening to the song, yep, now I'm a believer. I like it :)
I am ROFL over that video and the posts about MiYO, very excited for you to see it's potential! More to come! I have 6 new colors that will be able to share details on soon!

K

KIM

Reaction score
Also, RKM gave you some good advice but happy to do a personal remote video training session with any MiYO owners with questions (Like Structure!),let me know and I will set it up.......

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind offer extended to us, Kevin :)

I did email the photo to my dad to get his opinion, he said it looked great and not to worry because I had sent him some wonderful "stains" that he can do anything with....I had sent him some miyo and insync colors ;)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hi all :)

I'll be taking a break from the forum for awhile, but just thought I'd let you know so you don't worry.
Things are a little slow and I need to keep on top of the work I do have, and in possibly in getting more work, so I need to focus on that.
Keep me in your prayers and wishes that things will turn around :)

See you later :)