Best Zirconia For Abutment Work

M

mmbh

Reaction score
zircad prime sucks. Thats one of the worst zirconias Ive used. Ive had to redo almost every unit I milled out of that puck. Just use some sagemax nexxzr S. Tell your boss to do her own homework!
That is interesting. We've only used it for implants and it has worked fine for that specific use.

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
That is interesting. We've only used it for implants and it has worked fine for that specific use.
I feel like some people on here just say one product sucks so they can promote their own!!!

H

HampeTC

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend ZirCAD Prime for your purposes either. I personalty dont like the color of it but it is an alright Zirconia but you will have to spent a lot of time trying to stain/hide the steps between every layer because they are very distinct. On top of that its still a translucent zirconia so unless you anodize your ti bases or use coloring liquids the grey color will still shine thru. If you really wanna hide the ti base without using coloring liquids or anodizing your best bet is probably to invest in some old-school-nontranslucent zirconia.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I know this will probably start a ruckus but here goes. Almost all the zirconia powders are basically the same. TOSOH is the manufacturer of 95% of the zirconia powders in the world (their claim). Sagemax and Kuraray Noritake are two of the remaining 5% that source their own powder. What this tells you is that other than the colorants added and the type of forming the zirconia goes through, most manufacturers of zirconia are using the same formulations in their 3y,4y,5y zirconia. Now to your question, Bruxzir is probably the most opaque you can buy. It is one of the first generation 3y zirconia that were below 31% translucency. All the newer zirconia range from 31% (3y) to 43% (5y) translucency with the 4y somewhere in the middle.

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
Im going to give Argen
I wouldn't recommend ZirCAD Prime for your purposes either. I personalty dont like the color of it but it is an alright Zirconia but you will have to spent a lot of time trying to stain/hide the steps between every layer because they are very distinct. On top of that its still a translucent zirconia so unless you anodize your ti bases or use coloring liquids the grey color will still shine thru. If you really wanna hide the ti base without using coloring liquids or anodizing your best bet is probably to invest in some old-school-nontranslucent zirconia.

I'm going to give Argen ultra a try and see how that works. Its strong which is great against the ti base and pretty opaque. Plus they only come in one shade which hints that its only for abutment and frameworks

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
Maybe the base powders are the same...I mean zirconia powder is zirconia powder...but like you said, different manufacturers add other special things to it that make it unique. I guess the simplicity of it is why there are sooooo many zirconia manufacturers out there haha
I know this will probably start a ruckus but here goes. Almost all the zirconia powders are basically the same. TOSOH is the manufacturer of 95% of the zirconia powders in the world (their claim). Sagemax and Kuraray Noritake are two of the remaining 5% that source their own powder. What this tells you is that other than the colorants added and the type of forming the zirconia goes through, most manufacturers of zirconia are using the same formulations in their 3y,4y,5y zirconia. Now to your question, Bruxzir is probably the most opaque you can buy. It is one of the first generation 3y zirconia that were below 31% translucency. All the newer zirconia range from 31% (3y) to 43% (5y) translucency with the 4y somewhere in the middle.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Prime has shading issues. But for a milled abutment, that is cemented over a Ti-base, I don't see an issue, at all.

As for bridge work, I started using Argen and Whitepeakes. I still use and like Ivoclar's Multi MT for individual crowns or splinted restorations., even over ti-baes.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Prime has shading issues. But for a milled abutment, that is cemented over a Ti-base, I don't see an issue, at all.

As for bridge work, I started using Argen and Whitepeakes. I still use and like Ivoclar's Multi MT for individual crowns or splinted restorations., even over ti-baes.
Ok. I use Argen HT+ and argen ST multilayer for 99%. We anodize all our abutments so posteriors implants I still use Argen. Prime is just the anterior and bad implant placement with little to no space and a thin crown where the implant shows through.

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
Ok. I use Argen HT+ and argen ST multilayer for 99%. We anodize all our abutments so posteriors implants I still use Argen. Prime is just the anterior and bad implant placement with little to no space and a thin crown where the implant shows through.
I would like to know how you anodize your own abutments. Is that something that requires a whole other thread? I'll have to do some more research.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I would like to know how you anodize your own abutments. Is that something that requires a whole other thread? I'll have to do some more research.
There is info on here for that

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

This should help you along your way:

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We use Argen Ultra, But you want to use the same Zr as the crown to avoid shade variation, then use the white effect from B&D origin and mask out the ti base from bleeding through, but use with caution as on thinner areas with will bleed through and create a halo effect. We also anodize gold, all Ti abutments and or Ti bases prior to cementing.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
zircad prime sucks. Thats one of the worst zirconias Ive used. Ive had to redo almost every unit I milled out of that puck. Just use some sagemax nexxzr S. Tell your boss to do her own homework!
We have been Beta Testing the HTML from argen, looks pretty nice, i think better than prime.

Z

Zirconia Wizard

Reaction score
Why not just paint the outer portion of the ZiAbut pre sinter as well as the intaglia of the screw access with white +. For translucent material this seems like it would work the best without having to buy additional materials for the ZiAbut itself. One bottle, very quick appliance, decent results.

Top Bottom