Best Zirconia For Abutment Work

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
We've recently been running into grey showing through our zirconia from the ti bases and such. I'm just wondering what brands you guys recommend for abutments that do the best at hiding that? I'm assuming there is already a thread on this...if someone shows me I'll delete this.

Of course in this cenerio, I think the more opaque and strong the better. Never thought I would be saying that!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Agree with Yoda. White Plus, or Origins version #2.
Practice on a couple of units to get the feel for it, of how much to use, how many coats.
Since I still do a fair amount of dipping, I let them sit for awhile before
applying the white out, so it absorbs better and more evenly.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Why not use a cement that masks the metal?

If we're doing screw retained we have that ability to control the cement, that works, but for cementable, I may not trust the Dr to have the opaque enough cement unless I followed up with them regarding that.

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
What I'm asking for is a brand of zirconia to use as the abutment. So for screw retained we would have the ti-base, then a zirconia that can hide that color as abutment, then finally the crown in an esthetic ML zirconia which I already have a brand I like. I'm looking for a strong opaque zirconia for the abutment portion.

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
It would also be great to have a zirconia for the abutment that is both strong and opaque because I would prefer to have a zirconia (around 1400 MPA) to the metal and then an esthetic (700 MPA) over that.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
We've been using ivoclar Zircad prime on our gold anodized abutments, especially anterior teeth. Works great. Its a multi gradient zirconia with more opacified gingiva and anterior translucency on incisal. Clients were asking for anterior zirconia over abutments and this really seems to fit the bill for us.

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
We've been using ivoclar Zircad prime on our gold anodized abutments, especially anterior teeth. Works great. Its a multi gradient zirconia with more opacified gingiva and anterior translucency on incisal. Clients were asking for anterior zirconia over abutments and this really seems to fit the bill for us.
See this is more what I'm looking for. Thank you

E

erykd1

Reaction score
We've been using Argen Ultra for our zirconia abutments. It's designed to be used as an abutment or coping/framework. For our Ti bases, we've really liked iMilling, almost all come pre-anodized gold. for cement, Ivoclar white abutment cement blocks out really well.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
We've been using Argen Ultra for our zirconia abutments. It's designed to be used as an abutment or coping/framework. For our Ti bases, we've really liked iMilling, almost all come pre-anodized gold. for cement, Ivoclar white abutment cement blocks out really well.
We were using argen esthetic for creating abutment sleeves then doing argen anterior over that but its more headache and time consuming and most of the time not enough space in the anterior for a sleeve and crown. We anodize our own abutments so Prime Zirconia worked better for us.

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
That's perfect because we already use Argen HT+ and STML. I was actually considering to try this but wanted to see if there were any better options. Then we can put everything in with the same sintering cycle. It's always a headache when you use different types of zirconia and are forced to run completely different cycles. Especially when you have a limited number of ovens...

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
Just a side note, I might just try to create an abutment and crown over that and cement them both together. I mean, that gives me two layers of cement and I would be surprised if that didn't hide the greyness.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
That's perfect because we already use Argen HT+ and STML. I was actually considering to try this but wanted to see if there were any better options. Then we can put everything in with the same sintering cycle. It's always a headache when you use different types of zirconia and are forced to run completely different cycles. Especially when you have a limited number of ovens...
A bonus, the zircad prime fires at the same temp as my Argen zirconia.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
zircad prime sucks. Thats one of the worst zirconias Ive used. Ive had to redo almost every unit I milled out of that puck. Just use some sagemax nexxzr S. Tell your boss to do her own homework!

Top Bottom