Best vendor for new dental lab buildout

C

ChiJug49

Reaction score
Hey all - I'm building out a dental/3D printing lab, with about 2000sqft of workspace. Can you suggest best vendors to research for lab benches, shelving, and equipment/supplies?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
In general, where are you located?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Doing something similar, 6000 sq.ft, two floors. I worked with the general contractor/engineer for the layout, including for the benches/counters, they will do it. I'm ordering some special ceramic benches, three person islands but for the rest the contractors will do it. As for new equipment, my first start is always with Nowak. Congrats.

C

ChiJug49

Reaction score
Doing something similar, 6000 sq.ft, two floors. I worked with the general contractor/engineer for the layout, including for the benches/counters, they will do it. I'm ordering some special ceramic benches, three person islands but for the rest the contractors will do it. As for new equipment, my first start is always with Nowak. Congrats.
Thanks for taking the time to respond and congrats to you as well!

I will check out Nowak's inventory - hopefully come up with some good choices.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
We are located in the greater Seattle area in Washington State.
Thanks, just in case someone in that area may have some suggestions.

My lab is pretty much built as per Andrew's post, from Home Depot. In my case base cabinets and counter tops, along with some upper cabinets and shelves.

I'm not sure if Zahn has the more refined dental benches any more or not. But something like that can get a little pricey.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I've built 4 labs so far, last being a dental office/lab, sourcing building material and cabinetry from Home Depot mostly, got some contractors to build some custom stuff like a stainless steel countertop and extraction hood for example.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Hey all - I'm building out a dental/3D printing lab, with about 2000sqft of workspace. Can you suggest best vendors to research for lab benches, shelving, and equipment/supplies?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Home Depot and Harbor Freight.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I had a friend who bought some cabinet bases from IKEA and had really nice tops put on them. A bit pricey, but they're goning to last forever. A solid door on some saw-horses will work as well.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I had a friend who bought some cabinet bases from IKEA and had really nice tops put on them. A bit pricey, but they're goning to last forever. A solid door on some saw-horses will work as well.
That's what my step-mom had done at one time and what I now use at home for a study desk. A stained and sealed door on top of two file cabinets, with the hole for the door handle being towards the back to drop your electric cords etc through.

Last edited:
C

ChiJug49

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, everyone! I see how quickly us lab techs digress in conversation -- it's in our nature!