Best system for denture processing (not quite ready financially to go digital).

L

LarryT

Reaction score
Hi there, I just recently purchased an existing Denture clinic from a man who was retiring. Unfortunately he was still compression packing his dentures. I eventually plan to move digital but as I am just starting out as a new business owner I am not quite in the position to switch to digital (financially). I am looking at advice as to which system would be best to purchase in the meantime. I previously always Ivocapped but have heard they may be discontinuing in the near future?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

I and many others still press pack. Digital isn't there yet unless you're milling, the material science just hasn't caught up. We have invented a microwave, but not yet a decent microwave pizza is about where we are.

Just wanted to let you know, duplicate posts just dilute your responses and make anyone tying to keep up run back and forth. Not coming down on you, simply informing,

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi there, I just recently purchased an existing Denture clinic from a man who was retiring. Unfortunately he was still compression packing his dentures. I eventually plan to move digital but as I am just starting out as a new business owner I am not quite in the position to switch to digital (financially). I am looking at advice as to which system would be best to purchase in the meantime. I previously always Ivocapped but have heard they may be discontinuing in the near future?

Ivoclar has the Ivobase and they still have everything you need for Ivocap except the water bath and you can get that at Zubler USA.
You could also consider Dentsply's Success injection system. A Dr gifted us a success system with everything included a few weeks ago and I love it. You can use any acrylic that you want, no press packing, you just flip a switch. There is also the Snowrock system. So you've got other alternatives to press packing.

edit: :welcome:

Last edited:
L

LarryT

Reaction score
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

I and many others still press pack. Digital isn't there yet unless you're milling, the material science just hasn't caught up. We have invented a microwave, but not yet a decent microwave pizza is about where we are.

Just wanted to let you know, duplicate posts just dilute your responses and make anyone tying to keep up run back and forth. Not coming down on you, simply informing,

Thank you for your response! :)

L

LarryT

Reaction score
Ivoclar has the Ivobase and they still have everything you need for Ivocap except the water bath and you can get that at Zubler USA.
You could also consider Dentsply's Success injection system. A Dr gifted us a success system with everything included a few weeks ago and I love it. You can use any acrylic that you want, no press packing, you just flip a switch. There is also the Snowrock system. So you've got other alternatives to press packing.

edit: :welcome:

Thank you! I will look into these options. I feel like I have heard a negative response to the Ivobase system but I did like the idea of not having to use a water bath.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i have mills and printers but when i do dentures for long term use i compression pack using ivoclar resin it holds up much better and looks better also.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
i have mills and printers but when i do dentures for long term use i compression pack using ivoclar resin it holds up much better and looks better also.
Have you ever milled a base? How long did it take to polish out the toolmarks?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Are you using Ivocap or Probase acrylic?

T

TX-2th-guy

Reaction score
Since 1999, I have used Ivoclar's Ivocap Denture Processing (Ivobase's predecessor) and have never looked back. After wax boilout, cool down, acrylic injection it takes 35-45 minutes to heat cure in the hot water bath and 35 minutes in cool water and your done with processing! Realistically the whole process takes 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. You can get as creative as you want (pre-processing tinting, etc) or just straight processing. The final product is precise and the denture base is definitely dense. I am interested in the Ivobase but it's hard to change from a process that has been very reliable for 20+ years.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Since 1999, I have used Ivoclar's Ivocap Denture Processing (Ivobase's predecessor) and have never looked back. After wax boilout, cool down, acrylic injection it takes 35-45 minutes to heat cure in the hot water bath and 35 minutes in cool water and your done with processing! Realistically the whole process takes 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. You can get as creative as you want (pre-processing tinting, etc) or just straight processing. The final product is precise and the denture base is definitely dense. I am interested in the Ivobase but it's hard to change from a process that has been very reliable for 20+ years.
I have the Ivocap too, and like you I love it, I inject all of my full dentures with it. Until a few weeks ago we press packed partials and immediates, now I success inject those and like it as well because I can choose what acrylic to use. (just as long as I don't forget to turn the processing tank on)