Best stone for investing denture wax-ups for processing

C

cmeistercdt

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite stone for investing wax ups? I am looking for a stone that will break out as clean as possible, as we do not yet have a shell blaster. Any tricks of the trade? Right now we have too much stone sticking to the teeth themselves and it's a real pain to have to pick all the stone from the interproximals. Most of the time, I use putty to block out the facial and buccals of all the teeth before processing, but I just didn't know if maybe using a ISO type 4 or 5 diestone would be better than type 3 Lab stone. Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
We have been using a stone called flask-it. What type of teeth are you using when this happens? I have seen with cheaper/softer teeth if you apply too much monomer to them right before processing stone will stick to them.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite stone for investing wax ups? I am looking for a stone that will break out as clean as possible, as we do not yet have a shell blaster. Any tricks of the trade? Right now we have too much stone sticking to the teeth themselves and it's a real pain to have to pick all the stone from the interproximals. Most of the time, I use putty to block out the facial and buccals of all the teeth before processing, but I just didn't know if maybe using a ISO type 4 or 5 diestone would be better than type 3 Lab stone. Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Clean breakout has everything to do with waxing and boilout/separator.
That said, stay away from resin reinforcd die stones, it'll compound your problems

MikeyDue

MikeyDue

Reaction score
Empire direct's blue colorburst. It sections very well at divesting. For the top half I use a 50/50 regular set plaster and Empires white lab stone.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I use Modern Material labstone regular set. That said, back in the days I was using Ivocap, we were using Jenson blue die stone... It breaks away very clean and stands up to the pressure involved (just hope your pneumatic hammer doesn't give out, as you'll never break it with the nippers lol).

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I stick my finger in the bowl, wipe all over denture teeth, pour and then tap on the table to get any bubbles to the top. You're much more patient than me, thanks for video!

O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
I’ve always used half buff half plaster. Dip your finished wax up in soapy water and blow dry before investing. We also use investing paste, I forget what it’s called but I can let you know Monday when I’m in lab. It will completely eliminate stone around teeth, I wouldn’t invest without it, you need the kit and walnut shells, it is good for full cases and partial with long spans. Partials with single teeth sections I just use the 1/2-1/2 stone/plaster. The investing paste stuff saves hours of time though and it’s not too expensive. Small learning curve-PM me if interested I can give you the name and tips on using it. I’ve been using over 20 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Been using rapid flask for a while now and never had any problems. It is quick and easy to use. breaks away very cleanly. I even use it for the flexible partials...

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I stick my finger in the bowl, wipe all over denture teeth, pour and then tap on the table to get any bubbles to the top. You're much more patient than me, thanks for video!

Attachments

• MVI_2089_Moment (2).jpg
    MVI_2089_Moment (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 52
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Here's the same denture from the investing above (right after break out and the finished denture, just finished it, the pic is bad but I had to hurry.

Attachments

• IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom