Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
pre or post sintered? framework or FCZ

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I like the InSync glaze from Jensen.
I also have tried GC , but prefer the INSync system.

In my opinion it's a bit more user friendly.

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
Insync is a great consistent stain, especially in full contour zirconia. Wish there were more options for incisal stains, but with proper pre sintering staining overall esthetics are impressive.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

CAD BANE

CAD BANE

Reaction score
I have used a whole slew of stain systems on the market for Full Contour Zirconia and for the longest time I was enjoying GC Lustre Paste until I was introduced to InSync from Jensen. Its easy to apply, it stays where you put it, I love all the shade options, the glaze is smooth and not gritty, and most importantly InSync has fluorescence and that is key to making Full Zirconia pop and look alive. I now use it on my e.Max and PFM's. Like many others, I have made the switch and happy for it.
Happy Milling!

L

labtek

Reaction score
wh
I have used a whole slew of stain systems on the market for Full Contour Zirconia and for the longest time I was enjoying GC Lustre Paste until I was introduced to InSync from Jensen. Its easy to apply, it stays where you put it, I love all the shade options, the glaze is smooth and not gritty, and most importantly InSync has fluorescence and that is key to making Full Zirconia pop and look alive. I now use it on my e.Max and PFM's. Like many others, I have made the switch and happy for it.
Happy Milling!

what is it that makes insync stains an improvement over GC lustre paste.
are you able to stain some vitality and the illusion of translucency in the occlusal area with insync
how many steps are required.
i use lustre paste and it take 2 or 3 fires.
I use zirconzahn and it requires a firing to set the stains followed by the 2nd firing to glaze. then the glaze and crown is basically a high shine marble.
the vitality of full zirconia in the mouth is NOT very good if it is surface stained and glazed. I challenge anyone on this website to post pictures of stained and glazed full zirconias in the mouth that match the translucency of natural teeth.
But, I will definitely like to copy the techniques that are getting close, if you are willing to share your knowledge. I have tried emax stain and glazes. zirkonzahn, lustre paste and I am still not happy with what I see.

CAD BANE

CAD BANE

Reaction score
What I believe makes InSync an improvement over GC Lustre paste and e.Max stains and glazes is followes:
InSync is not gritty or grainy, its not thick like honey which sometimes gives you a blotchy or milky appearance in areas, I feel you have better control of where you place it and it doesn't puddle up especially near the margin, some shades like the A and B shades I feel are a closer match to the shade tab, and they have fluorescence to give your crowns life. Don't get me wrong, I was and am a fan of GC Lustre paste but InSync takes it up a notch, or two.
I don't think any technician should try and apply stains and glazes in 1 firing, just my personal opinion. I have always been at least a 2 firing guy (1st stains and then glaze) sometimes I may feather on a layer of stains and fire them and come back with another "layer" of stains 1 or 2 more times before applying my glaze layer for another firing, I find I have much more control of my stain applications doing it like this and I like the finished results better.
Could you fire InSync in 1 firing? probably and maybe someone who does can pipe in on this.
You are correct in saying that Full Zirconia in the mouth is NOT very good. but with a little finesse, we can get them to blend pretty well and I have seen some even completely disappear (Currently using Jensen XT Zirconia). As of today we will never get them to have the translucency of natural teeth, that is not their purpose of why we fabricate them. In the future we may see something that replicates that enamel translucency but for now, that's why we stack porcelain.
One thing that helps if I can throw out a tip. Tone down the oclusal surface and Incisal 1/3 of the zirconia restoration by applying a Violet or combination of violet and gray modifiers in those areas prior to dipping or shading your zirconia in its body shade in the green state. This will make a big difference when it comes time to stain and glaze in the post sintered stage.

L

labtek

Reaction score
What I believe makes InSync an improvement over GC Lustre paste and e.Max stains and glazes is followes:
InSync is not gritty or grainy, its not thick like honey which sometimes gives you a blotchy or milky appearance in areas, I feel you have better control of where you place it and it doesn't puddle up especially near the margin, some shades like the A and B shades I feel are a closer match to the shade tab, and they have fluorescence to give your crowns life. Don't get me wrong, I was and am a fan of GC Lustre paste but InSync takes it up a notch, or two.
I don't think any technician should try and apply stains and glazes in 1 firing, just my personal opinion. I have always been at least a 2 firing guy (1st stains and then glaze) sometimes I may feather on a layer of stains and fire them and come back with another "layer" of stains 1 or 2 more times before applying my glaze layer for another firing, I find I have much more control of my stain applications doing it like this and I like the finished results better.
Could you fire InSync in 1 firing? probably and maybe someone who does can pipe in on this.
You are correct in saying that Full Zirconia in the mouth is NOT very good. but with a little finesse, we can get them to blend pretty well and I have seen some even completely disappear (Currently using Jensen XT Zirconia). As of today we will never get them to have the translucency of natural teeth, that is not their purpose of why we fabricate them. In the future we may see something that replicates that enamel translucency but for now, that's why we stack porcelain.
One thing that helps if I can throw out a tip. Tone down the oclusal surface and Incisal 1/3 of the zirconia restoration by applying a Violet or combination of violet and gray modifiers in those areas prior to dipping or shading your zirconia in its body shade in the green state. This will make a big difference when it comes time to stain and glaze in the post sintered stage.

Thanks for the reply, i appreciate it when people share their experiences, and not try to attack or defend. I like the forum when it is used to share knowledge and experience, not an ego trip.

N

Nan Simpson

Reaction score
what stains do you use for pre-sintered zirconia? i have a hard time hitting the shade just right coming out of the oven.

L

labtek

Reaction score
what stains do you use for pre-sintered zirconia? i have a hard time hitting the shade just right coming out of the oven.

Insync by Jensen works on everything. Its the best material for Full Zirconias I have used so far. Nice glaze and a,b,c, and d shades are good. White works well for cusp ridges and line angles without opaquing as much as other white stains i have used in the past.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
I fire my full contours in 1 bake with the GC lustre pastes and they look great.

I use Argen Zesthetic zirconia,in the green state, I paint the incisal with the argen incisal then dip in z.z. prettau. If you get the colour correct, there's no need to add more colour. After sintering, I apply some GC stain to the grooves, then apply glaze working out from the grooves and down the tooth. blown it dry and bake. done and out the door.

L

labtek

Reaction score
I fire my full contours in 1 bake with the GC lustre pastes and they look great.

I use Argen Zesthetic zirconia,in the green state, I paint the incisal with the argen incisal then dip in z.z. prettau. If you get the colour correct, there's no need to add more colour. After sintering, I apply some GC stain to the grooves, then apply glaze working out from the grooves and down the tooth. blown it dry and bake. done and out the door.

what are you blowing it dry with?

N

Nan Simpson

Reaction score

I use Argen Zesthetic zirconia,in the green state, I paint the incisal with the argen incisal then dip in z.z. prettau.

is it water based? does it come in all the shades?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nice Bob, take the rest of the day off and go fishing.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hey that guy looks familiar.