Best solution for a CAD/CAM complete implant supported screw retained metal bridge.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
No, i should been say more detailed, thats my fault =)
We tried to mill the bridge designed at 3shape, 4 implants, 2 with hexagons(because that was possible and we wanted to see, how it's would been done) and 2 without, solid stl model imported to CAM, was accepted and calculated without an errors, and milled wrong.
Maybe we were wrong somewhere, but other machine CAM calculated that correctly(old CAM, but have the preview of calculated tool pathes, and model view after milling),
although cant mill because of 3axis.

What implant library do you have ?

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
What implant library do you have ?

Not so much, about 10 items(biomet3, biohorizont and variations),which are probably going with 3shape as default, working with 2 of them, some little tricks and any of them fit to any of implants ;)

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
I am agree, but d800 more expensive, i am offers d700 as a minimal solution =) i want work with d800 instead d700 too ))
Plus i made few implant bridges and alot of individual abbutments with d700, so it's working fine.

no, i am not in the US

PM sent :D

B

birnbaum

Reaction score
Yes, but unfortunately have pretty weird issues with the milling(with the calculating) of individual abbutments and implant bridge (tried it once - had a problem with hexagons calculation, the CAM doesn't show any error, but milled the cylinders instead of hexagons, and cant find where is "wrong", as and support),and the support don't help us enough.
But, have to say, we r actually using 5cut - it is coritec450i from Shuetz, and their support works bad, they trying to help, but as they know not enough - they redirect to the imes, and that way for every single question(we cant ask imes directly, because of shuetz, and imes not so happy to help us, because it is not their work really :D:D, so everything going slow and unproductive).
Does the tizian cut 5 have same CAM as Imes Icore 450i? I thought 450i had sum3d and tizian had VHF CAM
How is your experience with tizian? still having issues with hex or others?
thank you

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Contrary to what some have said, this can be done reliably with excellent quality for under $200K.

Our customers are doing this with GREAT success with our "industrial grade" Arum Versamill 5x/DentMILL (we have over 20 years experience with DentMILL and the base PowerMILL product) and 3Shape (exocad and medit supported as well). This includes customers switching to our solution having tried other popular solutions with unacceptable results; some of which have more than one Versamill.

We are using NT-Trading with libraries we have heavily modified to provide much more accuracy and flexibility in designs.

http://www.axsysdental.com: Of course I may be a bit biased...;)

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
why dont you give a try with another CAM ? let me know if you are interested.

Yes, we r already using another CAM and everything (almost:D) fine, so i forgot default cut5 CAM as a nightmare =)

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
Does the tizian cut 5 have same CAM as Imes Icore 450i? I thought 450i had sum3d and tizian had VHF CAM
How is your experience with tizian? still having issues with hex or others?
thank you

Nope, changed CAM and now its fine. Don't know about 450i software, but as i know (asked 2 guys who working w 450i) both of them have different CAM.
Also have not so much infor about cut5.
My 450i/cut5 experience - ~2 years

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
Out of the machines you listed, the Datron system is the only one that's designed specifically for the application you're looking to do. The other machines are capable of doing zirconia relatively accurately and hard metals more for C&B applications. Because of its size, the Datron machine is often placed into the wrong category of mill - it is an extremely compact industrial machine, while the other ones you listed are what I would consider robust tabletops mills.

That being said, I don't think you're at a point (production-wise) to even warrant an investment in a Datron (or other industrial) )machine. A good place to start (in my opinion) would be to incorporate the scan/design capabilities into your lab and send them to someone such as Bernard at Panthera for machining. Then, once you have a better idea of that process, see if you're doing the amount of work that would get you a substantial ROI by bringing your production in-house. At this point, you'll also be familiar with the quality of product you're getting from a large milling center so you'll be able to determine if you'd be getting the same quality from an in-house mill.

As a side note: Bernard brings up another good point regarding service, and luckily Datron has a large industrial mill presence in the US, so when one of our machines is down, we have the type of resources here in the US so that "weeks" is not even a part of our vocabulary.

If you want to see our machine get through some Ti, skip to :45 in the video:
DATRON D5 -- Milling Titanium Implant Bar, 5-axis, 3+2 Machining - YouTube
What is advantage of D5 in raport with 750i, you can wright me in inbox or however :)

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
I would highly recommend the Datron mill. I paid them a visit for the day, Neil and Jordan real class acts. Terrific mill, worth every penny. Support very good as far as I could see. Do you too calculation and see if it makes sense for you.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
I hate auto correct. Do your roi calculations

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
We use NT Trading 's Ti bases and libraries and mill in Sintron. There is no galvanic reaction due to the fact that it contains molybdenum rather than Nickel. It has been
an absolute dream come F-ing true and we are actually quite puzzled why so few labs have embraced this methodDontknowLaughEviltongueQuestionmark,...sorry,..I just find it amusing

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Where did you hear that nickel is the cause of a galvanic reaction?

So you are milling the entire abutment out of sintron using nt-trading files?

Top Bottom