Best scanner for under 10k

T

TomBouch

Reaction score
I have been following this forum for awhile. I am a small one person lab. I have been losing a lot of business to Glidewell because of there BruxZir. I currently have a Cerec inLab Ineos red scanner and compact milling unit. The compact milling unit can not mill full contour zirconia so I have been scanning it and sending BruxZir out to Infinident. Unfortunately because I have the older red scanner the latest inLab software I can run is 3.88. I am not sure if they have improved it in the new inLab 4.0 but I have to design a crown as a bridge if I am going to milling full countour. In bridge mode I have no control over proximal contacts so I always spend alot of time adjusting contacts when they get back. I am looking at changing scanners but have a very tight budget. My Cerec is basically worthless so I can't count on getting much out of that. Is there a better system that I can get into for under 10 grand. Speed is not important because I average one BruxZir per day. I would be willing to go used. There is currently a Bego 3Shape scanner on ebay for $7000 but I wasn't sure what other costs would be involved. Thanks for your input. Tom.

T

TomBouch

Reaction score
There is also a 3Shape D250 for $2500. The one for $7000 is a D640.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
You should be able to mill with your setup. do it as an anatomical coping, where you design to full contour then reduce it. This will allow you to do your occlusion and contacts. Then when it prompts you to reduce just skip it, move forward and mill. I'm not sure if you'll be able to use the Bruxzir block with your software though so go buy some Sagemax nexzir,, it's better anyway. Also, if your using vita zirc coloring liquid, throw it away and buy some zirkozahn or Tanaka liquid.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Ask Scott (***) if he has a scanner, our you can talk with B&D, they have a $7,000 scanner that you can only send to their milling center.

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
I have a 3shape D250 that would work perfectly for you.....cant beat their software!! Message me if your interested, I can explain what you would have to do to get it up and running and give you the price then as well.

-jack

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Don't buy a used D250 or D640 - you will hate yourself. I have all of them and the 700 and 800 and 3Shape 1) doesn't service the 250s any more so if it dies your screwed and 2) have trouble fixing 640s.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
If you are only doing one a day why not just outsource your models to a outsource lab? My experience is you will not be happy with the D250 or D640. You get what you pay for my friend.

corona

corona

Reaction score
have you thought about buying the manual milling machine from zirkonzahn? you would be about to produce your own copings, bridges, and FCZ and there is no software to worry about upgrading . Since you are not MASS producing these items its a great way to started . Ive had mine for 3 years and i have been able to make all there is to offer a client out there without the headache of buying the latest cad cam machine . What you can produce with your hands you can realize with the manual milling machine . Works great and the fits are fantastic.... they have an awesome array of burrs to choose from . Talk to Sandra or really anyone there . good luck . corona

Z

Zirkontek

Reaction score
Does any one knows where I can get parts for 3shape D250 scanner? I need rotation encoder. Or anyone knows who can fix them in US.

I

Ivan

Reaction score
The set up that you use is what I currently have. I don't design the full contour crowns as a bridge I design them in reduction mode the don't reduce when that step comes up. Just go past the reduction part. I sinter my own but that shouldn't matter. If you need any help with them PM me and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
so your a 1 man lab trying to compete with glidewell on bottom $ crowns?? and your doing 1 a week which you say is alot of business.

dosent make any sense to me.

id be focusing my time and money on offering my clients what glidewell cant, and let my clients send the low $ margin crud work to glidewell.
All docs use several labs, just let em send you the more complex stuff that you can actually make some money on.

im a one man band about to buy a new scanner on a budget as well. I want the scanner to save me time waxing and casting, for implant abutments and frames, so i can focusing on what goes on top.
got no intention of wasting my time producing FCZ marbles for little to no profit. leave that to the big volume labs where the economies of scale work.

Last edited:
Z

zaurak

Reaction score
Somebody could help me with ideas, where I could find d640 parts? Specifically a camera for d640.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive got a couple scanners for sale, I will give you a way better deal. One happens to be a d640, with dongle, calibration kit etc, still in the crate. PM me if youre interested, I will post them soon.