best porcelain firing oven

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
So my vacumat 40 just bit the dust, I haven't shopped around for a long while, what is a good brand oven out there now???? Thank you

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
So my vacumat 40 just bit the dust, I haven't shopped around for a long while, what is a good brand oven out there now???? Thank you

I bought two 40t Vita furnaces and 2 Ivoclar furnaces at the same time. Both Vita ones **** the bed and I bought mother boards 3 times. The Ivoclar furnaces have been solid and not a single issue with the pressing one also. I have actually 4 Ivoclar porcelain furnaces and a pressing one for 8-9 and not a single issue. The S1 sintering furnace he also been a work horse, in never buying a vita furnace again and we are technically a Vita approved lab [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I bought two 40t Vita furnaces and 2 Ivoclar furnaces at the same time. Both Vita ones **** the bed and I bought mother boards 3 times. The Ivoclar furnaces have been solid and not a single issue with the pressing one also. I have actually 4 Ivoclar porcelain furnaces and a pressing one for 8-9 and not a single issue. The S1 sintering furnace he also been a work horse, in never buying a vita furnace again and we are technically a Vita approved lab [emoji52]

This reflects my experience with the Ivoclar furnaces. We have two pressing furnaces running almost constantly - no issues. Same with the porcelain furnaces.

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score

Yes, I agree. I started using Noritake porcelains to try out the 3D shades(which vita developed) because I wasn't happy with the outcome of the VM's and they are so much closer to the guide straight out of the bottle than vita's porcelain and much better looking too

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

So far my Programat S1 1600 has been performing very well. Very pleased so far (about 5 months old). The EP 600 is a workhorse, and my friend with a
P500, has been very happy with his. My next porc. oven would be a Ivoclar or I would check into a Zubler. If it was just for stain and glaze, maybe something
like a Whip Mix Pro 200 (even though I'm sure it's a good furnace overall).

I do like the idea of Ivoclar's clam shell design, it would save me regarding using so much of the Super Peg 2 that I use on my lift furnace, especially the Ultra Mat CDF that can be less than smooth going up.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. I started using Noritake porcelains to try out the 3D shades(which vita developed) because I wasn't happy with the outcome of the VM's and they are so much closer to the guide straight out of the bottle than vita's porcelain and much better looking too

Oh really? I love the VM porcelains from Vita but hate how they pack , I use Noritake for large cases but single centrals I use Vita. I try to use the 3D shades also on all cases.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
..are the Ivoclar porcelain ovens different than their pressing ovens ? I have an ep5000 and the part that drives me nuts is when a firing cycle is finished it will just beep and beep and the oven will not hold an idle temp. I can't run a program and just leave it unattended and come back later.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
..are the Ivoclar porcelain ovens different than their pressing ovens ? I have an ep5000 and the part that drives me nuts is when a firing cycle is finished it will just beep and beep and the oven will not hold an idle temp. I can't run a program and just leave it unattended and come back later.

They don't hold an idle temp, unless closed. However, the P500 and above come with the infrared sensor which will heat the muffle according to your objects, once you push start. Very useful with larger bridges or just for the opaquer. It wont close until the object get to the right temp.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I've had three vaccumat furnaces. A 50,100,200. All were outstanding in every aspect. Unfortunately they no support them so I'm SOL. I have a whipmix pro 100 that has seen better days and ha e three other pro 100's that are working fine. Since Whipmix doesn't support them what is a good
"goto" for replacing them as they die?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Sorry your wrong, the EP 5000 and P500 can be changed to hold the low temp while heating up and after firing.
The beeping sound can be changed to another sound, but the sound continues till you close the door. Don't know if the sound can be turned off ?

Best oven to buy,, Ivoclar, Zubler which has a very cool slow cooling feature for all ceramic materials that no other oven offers, my first choice ! and the Dekema which are very nice.
If used mainly for glazing, probably go with Ivolcar,,, because of no lift door, and mine seemed to last forever until it took an 18 hour water bath....Left my P500 on 24/7 for 8 years with no parts replaced.

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
charles007 , can you elaborate on how to do that ? In my manual they refer to a "overnight program" program also but with no description how to set it up.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
I think you can do that but the muffle has to stay closed. Ok the vitas the muffle stays open as long as you want and what ever temp also. It's a nice feature but as far as I know it's hard to do on the Ivoclar's as I haven't figured it out and I asked Ivoclar's technical rep. Perhaps it was a new guy , damn you Vita and your great features. If they didn't break on me I'd buy another one as it fired my VM porcelains marvellously.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I have 4 Ivoclar furrnaces , oldest one is a P95. 25 years old and runs and fires perfectly. My two EP3000 have been awesome. My newest P510 is the one I am less pleased with. Infrared function doesn't make any difference in my experience, plus it underfires everything. I have to raise my temps compared to all my other furnaces, which bakes almost the same all of them. If I was buying today , I would go with a Dekema, the Oral Design edition with the special muffle, as all of my friends that have it are super pleased.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i love my p95 its age appropriate its 23 years old and it does whatever i need it to do, the vacuum still sucks great and it gets hot when and for how long i tell it too. sorry i forgot i was on DLN for a second there yeh ivoclar is good.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I too have several Ivoclar furnaces, mostly 20+ years old. I've replaced some muffles and some of the blade contacts. I wouldn't even consider another brand.

Z

zahni

Reaction score
Sorry, but I haven't been pleased with ivoclar ovens. Don't know the new ones but the p95 and x1 I had were overfiring always and they are quite pricey. Best furnace for me Dekema, Zubler and Vita. All three rock solid.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I also have 3 Whipmix ovens. 1 Pro100 and 2 Propress 100's . For shear ease, function, reliabilty and price I would not hesitate to purchase again.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
This is a very easy answer for me Dennis, I have had a bunch of EXPENSIVE ovens over the years, all fired glass, did their job. Some had more bells and whistles but TODAY when it comes to doing more and more large zirconia restorations I went with Zubler.

We have 3 of their V200zr and they are the best oven we have ever used. I recommend them highly!