Best Dental Lab Management Software

Dentalstudio

Dentalstudio

Reaction score
Iv'e been using 'Lab Manager professional',,,LSG,,,, for the last 20+ years ,,,,,I'm guessing it's not very good because of the lack of any other users here . It was cheap to buy & always worked well for my tiny lab . Ha Ha , I just figured out it has cost me $1 per month so here on out it's all gravy 🤣
I've had Lab Manager since 2005. Simple to use. No fees.

B

Boltondental

Reaction score
I've used lab manager for more than 20 years, I need statement paper and they don't answer calls or emails. Does any one use the perforated statement paper or invoice paper?

Dentalstudio

Dentalstudio

Reaction score
I've used lab manager for more than 20 years, I need statement paper and they don't answer calls or emails. Does any one use the perforated statement paper or invoice paper?
We use the LSR form and envelopes. Order online. No need to talk to any humans.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I am looking to buy paper also but they currently say it is out of stock? I am guessing that is where the money comes from. They get 75$ a ream which is highway robbery. I'll begin using plain paper and cutting myself verses going to a monthly 250$ fee. Someone else mentioned a software from intuit that works seemlessly with quickbooks, but it's 5K$?

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
From browsing around and reading the forums, Labstar definetly seems to be the "best" overall, but with that "we know we are the best" price. I don't see as much info from people using Seazona but it seems extremely competitive in features and usability with Labstar at a much better price ($80 vs. $250 a month if you want a client portal)

Anybody know why a lab would choose Labstar over Seazona at this price difference? Labstar looks like it's probably marginally nicer, I just watched hour long live demos from each and wasn't seeing an upside that justified the higher price. Does anybody here have any info that would shed light on why to choose labstar?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
From browsing around and reading the forums, Labstar definetly seems to be the "best" overall, but with that "we know we are the best" price. I don't see as much info from people using Seazona but it seems extremely competitive in features and usability with Labstar at a much better price ($80 vs. $250 a month if you want a client portal)

Anybody know why a lab would choose Labstar over Seazona at this price difference? Labstar looks like it's probably marginally nicer, I just watched hour long live demos from each and wasn't seeing an upside that justified the higher price. Does anybody here have any info that would shed light on why to choose labstar?
We are going from Quickbooks and giant filing cabinets to Seazona. Once we actually make the transition(i don't control the front of the house at my lab) I'll let you know how it goes.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
We are going from Quickbooks and giant filing cabinets to Seazona. Once we actually make the transition(i don't control the front of the house at my lab) I'll let you know how it goes.
Nice, we may have gone in a direction by that time but always good info, I will try to relay my experience going forward as well

LabBossLady

LabBossLady

Reaction score
How did it go ?

T

TheITguy

Reaction score
Hoping to start this thread back up. We are currently looking for a new software as well. 25 Techs, about 600 cases a month. We are Currently using LabNext by henry schein which is horrible. Would Not recommend! Their Customer Service is horrible.
We are currently looking at Magic Touch, Lab Star, & Seazona. Setting up Demos with all 3.

T

TheITguy

Reaction score
Lets just say there has been some "adoption hesitancy" by our front office....
I am dealing with this same push back as well.. From my view these softwares will make the office ladies jobs MUCH easier… maybe that’s the issue, they’ll have to much time on their hands Hmmmm2

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I am dealing with this same push back as well.. From my view these softwares will make the office ladies jobs MUCH easier… maybe that’s the issue, they’ll have to much time on their hands Hmmmm2
They may also know better than to trust salespeople and are concerned it's gonna be another mousetrap with a busted spring and a slick sales pitch.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!! We are still using Quickbooks, paper scripts, and filing cabinets.......

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!!!! We are still using Quickbooks, paper scripts, and filing cabinets.......
Still using self made set of spreadsheets, paper scripts and filing cabinets. LabStar was worth the extra for invoicing, cc acceptance and data sharing.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
still LabStar, 9 years strong.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I’m meeting stiff resistance here as well. Smaller operation than yours, but if we grow it’ll suck to try and set it up later.
This is exactly how I feel.