Bego Varseo S printer

U

Uliana

Reaction score
Good day everyone,
Please share your true experience with us regarding Bego Varseo S 3D printer.
We have Formlabs 2 in the lab. When we bought it supplier assured us that this printer is good enough for dental. We are not satisfied with it at all.
Now we are checking about Bego printer. Why is it better then Formlabs and what is the difference?
Appreciate your feedback.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it is not better. if anything its worse.

why aren't you satisfied with the Formlabs?

U

Uliana

Reaction score
it is not better. if anything its worse.

why aren't you satisfied with the Formlabs?
We sent same files to Bego printer as we printed on Formlabs. Bego result of fit is better. Formlabs doesn’t fit at all.
Can you please explain why it is worse?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Bego printer is based on old Envisiontec printer technology, anything printed near the wall will have the potential to be more innacurate than near the center.

neither system is turn-key. if you sent it to someone for printing, you can bet they have "made" it work by modifying their workflow and settings to accomodate what they wanted to see for fit.

i suggest you to examine your formlabs print, by scanning your print and comparing with the design file using such software as Meshlab, or GOM inspection. with this comparison you should notice the discrepancies and how they might have occurred and will be able to solve your Formlabs issue.

Bego is 5x the investment of Formlabs, so if you fix the formlabs you could buy 4 more and produce 5x as much volume per dollar investment. doesnt make sense to push aside a perfectly good printer for simple misunderstanding of sizing ratios.

U

Uliana

Reaction score
Bego printer is based on old Envisiontec printer technology, anything printed near the wall will have the potential to be more innacurate than near the center.

neither system is turn-key. if you sent it to someone for printing, you can bet they have "made" it work by modifying their workflow and settings to accomodate what they wanted to see for fit.

i suggest you to examine your formlabs print, by scanning your print and comparing with the design file using such software as Meshlab, or GOM inspection. with this comparison you should notice the discrepancies and how they might have occurred and will be able to solve your Formlabs issue.

Bego is 5x the investment of Formlabs, so if you fix the formlabs you could buy 4 more and produce 5x as much volume per dollar investment. doesnt make sense to push aside a perfectly good printer for simple misunderstanding of sizing ratios.
Thank you for the information.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I have a Sprint Ray printer.
It's been pretty good once I went through quite a few misprints.

The support had been good through Sprint Ray itself. They are always adding new materials to print with.

I'm only printing models and not many of them. It's definitely not a production printer. The baseplate is really small. Not as small as some of Asiga.

I still think it was an ok purchase. At least I'm able to print in house and have learned a few things.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

R

Radu

Reaction score
Bego's Verseo is a piece of junk... Stay far from it.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
formlabs sucks. both in accuracy and reliability. we constantly had prints fail, and the dies would either be too tight or too loose.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
formlabs sucks. both in accuracy and reliability. we constantly had prints fail, and the dies would either be too tight or too loose.
Don't hold back. What did you really think of it.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Don't hold back. What did you really think of it.

that was holding back. the amount of garbage we had to deal with was insane. we were even sold several cartridges crappy resin which they (reseller) refused to refund or exchange. we went through 4 of the machines, with only 1 we're able to use with any reliability now, and only for ortho, as they're totally worthless for crown and bridge. it was craplab level frustration.

M

mikey RPD

Reaction score
do any of you guys have any experience in printing RPD chromes ??

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Good day everyone,
Please share your true experience with us regarding Bego Varseo S 3D printer.
We have Formlabs 2 in the lab. When we bought it supplier assured us that this printer is good enough for dental. We are not satisfied with it at all.
Now we are checking about Bego printer. Why is it better then Formlabs and what is the difference?
Appreciate your feedback.
Do not, not better.