Be positive...

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
For the first time in 61 years in business we have had to lay off our staff and closed. We anticipate being closed a minimum of two months, but realistically longer. These are very difficult times for everyone. Remember the golden rules: social distancing and self isolation. This is the only way to beat this virus and get back to work. Please don't break these rules, our lives depend on them.
Good health to everyone and see you on the other side of this
Our mill needs a few new switches and an overall tune up, new collet etc. The last delivery this week was the package with all the parts required to do so. Came in UPS from Florida, , yes got sprayed down exterior and the contents treated wih Gremicidal UV as well. Perfect timing on that one, now have 2+ months at least to complete the task 🙂 Wish everyone the Absolute Best through all that we'll face together!!!!! Party :Hello:

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i ran out of life savings a month ago. paying the mortgage on credit now.

i don't qualify for unemployment. nevertheless been out of it for now going on 5th month.

thank god (even if its just a turn of phrase for me) i still have my mom. i would be on the street by now without her. its getting harder to see the positive side every day.

A

AKP

Reaction score
I personally struggle with this and am seeing other techs doing the same thing. Especially when I heard from one of the leading Presidents of a association who said over a thousand labs will close because of this. Then nobody knows how bad this is going to be, and how long it's going to last. So it's easy to be a negative Nancy but try to be positive. Most of you that are on here weathered the 2008 recession and we will weather this too. I noticed NADL foundation opened up all there courses for free. May be a good time to learn some new stuff. Take care of your business, do what you gotta do to keep it and when we get out of this...it's going to be game on!!! Marketing, advertising, new product lines, all this should be curbing your negative thoughts....and 2th, rkm, and Rob...feel free to turn this thread downhill...we could all use a good laugh.
Where did you see that their courses for free?

A

adl

Reaction score

i don't qualify for unemployment. nevertheless been out of it for now going on 5th month.

thank god (even if its just a turn of phrase for me) i still have my mom. i would be on the street by now without her. its getting harder to see the positive side every day.
So sad to hear about it.try to do something every day that can better the situation. You know so much, your expertise is an asset .Hang in there

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

Hang tight Brother, it gets better and with your mad skills it won't be long. Don't feel overwhelmed, it will get better, it has too!!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

We will,pray for you and your mom.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Most of us are getting back to having time to think and to be creative.

I see the possibility of amazing ideas coming out of this time of trials.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We used to make banners from toilet paper with crass sayings on them. If you could catch a fly in the lab (no chop sticks) they would have one of these banners affixed to them with super glue before turning them loose to fly around the lab. Fun times... I think...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We used to make banners from toilet paper with crass sayings on them. If you could catch a fly in the lab (no chop sticks) they would have one of these banners affixed to them with super glue before turning them loose to fly around the lab. Fun times... I think...
I used to cast crickets in Rex3

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Day 4 of quarantine: still sane (?) and keeping busy. Just built a small tabletop vise to keep some stuff steady under the microscope while I work on it...a tool to make a tool to make a tool...Bird

20200324_135447.jpg
20200324_135511.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sanity is overrated. I've been unable to find mine for years. Put it down somewhere when I picked up my first wax carver and it's been missing ever since.