Be positive...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I personally struggle with this and am seeing other techs doing the same thing. Especially when I heard from one of the leading Presidents of a association who said over a thousand labs will close because of this. Then nobody knows how bad this is going to be, and how long it's going to last. So it's easy to be a negative Nancy but try to be positive. Most of you that are on here weathered the 2008 recession and we will weather this too. I noticed NADL foundation opened up all there courses for free. May be a good time to learn some new stuff. Take care of your business, do what you gotta do to keep it and when we get out of this...it's going to be game on!!! Marketing, advertising, new product lines, all this should be curbing your negative thoughts....and 2th, rkm, and Rob...feel free to turn this thread downhill...we could all use a good laugh.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
While we will try to be positive and hopeful on the business side, we ought to be positive and kind to friends and strangers alike, above all to our loved ones,
After this virus passing and hopefully everyone is safe, things will be different. after 2020 will be different than before 2020 and hopefully to the better.

Last edited:
Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
I think that the storm will pass... there will be a clean up and damage that needs to be repaired as a result and there will be those who don't make it through - both in their ability to fight the illness and in their ability to survive as a business financially. it will definitely change things on a grander scale, but we simply have to watch and wait at the moment until things pass. It is hard.... for EVERYONE! but stay strong, band together and act as a community!
there is a mass amount of fear mongering by all forms of media at the moment in my opinion! News only talks about the increases in death and 'outbreaks', social media (even when joking) focusses on the shortages and panic buying mentality of people. In a crisis, the best thing to do is keep focused and calm. Imagine if all of the paramedics at a car accident ran around screaming about how bad an accident is.. the patients would increase their stress levels and be put under unnecessary strain in a survival situation! The strong stay calm and in control... even in a crisis! Don't panic, work to stay in the game and look after your brothers and sisters who are all in the same position!!
That's my 2 cents 🙏

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I think that the storm will pass... there will be a clean up and damage that needs to be repaired as a result and there will be those who don't make it through - both in their ability to fight the illness and in their ability to survive as a business financially. it will definitely change things on a grander scale, but we simply have to watch and wait at the moment until things pass. It is hard.... for EVERYONE! but stay strong, band together and act as a community!
there is a mass amount of fear mongering by all forms of media at the moment in my opinion! News only talks about the increases in death and 'outbreaks', social media (even when joking) focusses on the shortages and panic buying mentality of people. In a crisis, the best thing to do is keep focused and calm. Imagine if all of the paramedics at a car accident ran around screaming about how bad an accident is.. the patients would increase their stress levels and be put under unnecessary strain in a survival situation! The strong stay calm and in control... even in a crisis! Don't panic, work to stay in the game and look after your brothers and sisters who are all in the same position!!
That's my 2 cents 🙏
2 cents of Gold right there!!! Thanks for sharing, tip of the hat to you.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Just to also further clarify my personal position and responsibilities...
I own a lab, that will likely shut down in time. I employ a couple of technicians, who's jobs are up in the air. I have a wife and kids, who are worried in these times - especially young kids who struggle to wrap their limited experience around these events. All of these people depend on me for security, food, shelter and advice or counsel at any time. I have to stay calm and deliberate, but also reassuring and informed in order to make sure that there is a light at the end of this tunnel for all of them. This is a time that will challenge the mental health of many people too, I feel its important that people have a pillar to lean on also in amongst this craziness.
We will get through!

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
For the first time in 61 years in business we have had to lay off our staff and closed. We anticipate being closed a minimum of two months, but realistically longer. These are very difficult times for everyone. Remember the golden rules: social distancing and self isolation. This is the only way to beat this virus and get back to work. Please don't break these rules, our lives depend on them.
Good health to everyone and see you on the other side of this

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
“Good health to everyone and see you on the other side of this”

I hope the other side is better than this wicked one.

now I know why rkm emblem is written “ best of both worlds” 😊

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
It’s better for everyone to stay busy doing things around the house, I spent yesterday afternoon in my shed ( not the hugging and kissing type shed) 😊fixing the Chinese predator engine on my wood chipper.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Just popping in to say be safe, stay positive and try not to read the "Speculation" as no one knows how this will play out. Worry does NO-ONE any good. In my business life everything starts with a plan, the plan is revised often. This is no different. As I have shared with many over the years, FEAR based decisions rarely have great outcomes. Take one day at a time now, revise your plan, daily if needed, above all else do your best to be good humans first.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Changed my mind, funny probably isn't needed here atm...

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Changed my mind, funny probably isn't needed here atm...
So your saying me streaking in my tighty-whities up and down my neighborhood street wouldn't give you a chuckle? I mean, who doesn't want to see a middle aged man sporting his little beer belly having a good ole time?!!!

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
So your saying me streaking in my tighty-whities up and down my neighborhood street wouldn't give you a chuckle? I mean, who doesn't want to see a middle aged man sporting his little beer belly having a good ole time?!!!
Well I have to add you to the list of those who owe me a new keyboard, because once again I just sprayed mine with tea laughing my ass off over your comment.
Now I'm trying to figure out how to get that image out of my head!!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Well I have to add you to the list of those who owe me a new keyboard, because once again I just sprayed mine with tea laughing my ass off over your comment.
Now I'm trying to figure out how to get that image out of my head!!!
I think he was on Live PD last week.