Baseplate wax to replace discontinued Miltex X-tra Hard Beauty wax.......

• Thread starter UCan'tHandleTheTooth!
  • Start date
U

UCan'tHandleTheTooth!

Reaction score
Is there anyone that has found a comparable wax to the Miltex Xtra Hard Beauty wax? I tried the Kulzer Shur-Wax , but it isn't brittle enough. I want a baseplate wax that will break up into pieces instead of bend....Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Is there anyone that has found a comparable wax to the Miltex Xtra Hard Beauty wax? I tried the Kulzer Shur-Wax , but it isn't brittle enough. I want a baseplate wax that will break up into pieces instead of bend....Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Maybe you want to try Candulor's Modeling Wax. I do not know if the 'hard' variety is brittle enough, though.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Why do you want a baseplate wax that will break to pieces? PTC Blue Dolphin baseplate wax is really brittle like that.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Triobos m wax is supposedly the same as candulor wax

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Why do you want a baseplate wax that will break to pieces? PTC Blue Dolphin baseplate wax is really brittle like that.
The brittleness equals easy to carve!! I have been looking to replace the beauty wax also!!!

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
You also get less shifting of the teeth once it is set. I like a softer wax to place the teeth to start and surround it with a harder wax once I’m in the ballpark to set and festoon. Nothing more frustrating than festooning a nice denture and then checking the occlusion and seeing it shifted on you.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Set up wax. OP asked for baseplate wax, and I took it literally as for making a baseplate. I use PTC set up wax. Maybe unavailable as I just visited website and couldn't get any info on it. Will check into tomorrow.

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Anyone find anything they like? Same boat...our hard/brittle carving was was discontinued. Don't see PTC setup wax available.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Did you try the Xtra hard Shur-Wax? It's not brittle but the teeth stay where you put them. I won't use anything else.
Don't try to get any from Uncle hank though. I ordered some in October, it's still on backorder. I ordered some from Benco yesterday, it'll be here tomorrow.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Did you try the Xtra hard Shur-Wax? It's not brittle but the teeth stay where you put them. I won't use anything else.
Don't try to get any from Uncle hank though. I ordered some in October, it's still on backorder. I ordered some from Benco yesterday, it'll be here tomorrow.
It is crazy how hank has been acting lately. Was the lab supply business really that low profit?