Bad taste

D

Darci

Reaction score
Have a patient complaining of bad taste after her Zirconia bridge was seated. She has been the first for me. Anyone have this issue?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
probably tasting the residual cement, which does taste bad, i have 3 crowns i made myself. the cement used in my case was a rm giomer and he just kinda globbed it on till it leaked out. made those teeth pretty sensitive to temperature for a good month each.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im willing to bet by the time im finished typing this, the bad taste went away.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Any references to al, marcus, disturbed.. are almost too old to be relevant anymore unfortunately..

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Any references to al, marcus, disturbed.. are almost too old to be relevant anymore unfortunately..
Some of us still remember.

And why you can talk about your DeLorian, but not by the three letter name.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I just want to know if the dental office called you to ask if YOU knew what caused the problem. It obviously was the type of zirconia or the glaze used on the bridge and therefore...all your fault.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the price sticker that the patient was faced with that caused the soured mouth, the shock changed brain chemistry that sends neurons in all directions, It could happen to any of us when faced with hi cost of everything called dental.😊 And if you further ask the patient it smells fishy as well

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Have a patient complaining of bad taste after her Zirconia bridge was seated. She has been the first for me. Anyone have this issue?
" after it was seated"
for how long?
in the chair or days later?

Darren S

Darren S

Reaction score
Have the doc ask if the patient is on any new medications. Had a patient a few years ago complaining of a metallic taste a couple weeks later after seating 28 e.max crowns. Of course doc asked if we used e.max or what. Had him look in his own lab to show him we had no other products. He made me go in the room with him and the patient. First question I asked was about any new meds. She had just started taking hormone therapy meds that will leave a metalic taste in the mouth. I gracefully left him with the patient after that. So check with the doc if the office has asked the question. Otherwise, left over cement.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I remember in the seventies in Long Island NY on the news, a patient was complaining that she hears a radio station in her ears{ kidding on the side that was true} and after so much trying to find out why? Turns out the metal partial she was wearing in her mouth interacts with the saliva and it creates something similar to a battery and an antenna and transmit that vibration throw the jawbone to her ears and hears that particular radio station

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
does anyone know if disturbed is still around i want to know how he is doing replacing all those zi crowns that were going to fail with emax. sorry i couldnt resist.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
does anyone know if disturbed is still around i want to know how he is doing replacing all those zi crowns that were going to fail with emax. sorry i couldnt resist.
I searched members, the last time he was here was November 14, 2018.