Backorders for all Medit/Identica

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Due to the increasing popularity of the Medit/Identica scanners, there is a major Global shortage of them.

Production is not keeping up with demand. Why? I dunno?

Waiting time is now over Four weeks!

Maybe even longer? ?

This is effecting all resellers, everywhere!

Just a heads up to anyone reading this. ?

Goes for both Medit Blue and Identica SE.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

Double drat ! :D:D:D

21dekgg.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I try to pre-order them and keep in stock the best I can, but they are selling fast.

I think a recent week long Korean holiday was a partial cause of this, but even before that waiting time was quite a bit.

I get Five on the 22nd shipped to me. But they are already sold.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
that's great Scott!

so from your experience, how locked up is the ZZ skinned version of Exocad?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
How would I know?

I don't have any experience with ZZ.

But, when exocad is encrypted, it is impossible to de-encrypt.

Unlike 3shape and all others.

This was explained to me in great detail by Luigi from CIMSystem.

Impossible to work with closed exocad files.

I don't know if ZZ closes their system or not?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Will they run the blue until the ids with two 5 MP cameras as the new DS 2

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I dunno?

My most accurate scanner has only 1.3mp cameras. (Steinbichler Blue) <7um

Actually, the STI is even more accurate and has only 0.8mp cameras! <5um but smaller scanning window.

??

I would not be so concerned about the camera's mp ratings myself.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
The higher the mp, the more info to cram on the sensor. Higher quality, lower mp cameras give the most dimensionally accurate images.... To a point. I'm just not sure how many mp you would go up to before the image accuracy starts to degrade?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The Germans do not see a need to exceed 1.3mp at the moment for our size scanning volume.

Korean scanner companies Medit think 2.0 is enough for Dental, and the other Korean scanner company that B&D sells is sticking with 1.3mp for now?

It is not about cost....it is about accuracy. Higher Mp cameras are not that much more expensive at all, so that is not the issue. They don't help like you may think they would.

It does not work like that.

Higher resolution projectors would be a better benefit, but we all have to wait for 4k mini-projectors to hit the market. Maybe Five years away I would guess?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
The Germans do not see a need to exceed 1.3mp at the moment for our size scanning volume.

Korean scanner companies Medit think 2.0 is enough for Dental, and the other Korean scanner company that B&D sells is sticking with 1.3mp for now?

It is not about cost....it is about accuracy. Higher Mp cameras are not that much more expensive at all, so that is not the issue. They don't help like you may think they would.

It does not work like that.

Higher resolution projectors would be a better benefit, but we all have to wait for 4k mini-projectors to hit the market. Maybe Five years away I would guess?

not to mention, higher resolution is just more data that it needs to decimate.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
How much are the Identica Blue's going for these days? In addition, I wonder if the Identica Blue has the same rotator axis motor as the Medit SE....I've blown three of those so far :(

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Morn Rob,

Different mechinism in Blue, different chassis and arm, and motor assembly.

The Blue for you....ah $13,900?

Never heard of someone breaking a scanner before like that?

Remind me not to let you touch my stuff! LOL (Just kidding)

Scotty

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Morn Rob,

Different mechinism in Blue, different chassis and arm, and motor assembly.

The Blue for you....ah $13,900?

Never heard of someone breaking a scanner before like that?

Remind me not to let you touch my stuff! LOL (Just kidding)

Scotty

Morning Scott,
Really I think it is because we do a lot of semi-adjustable mounting (Stratos w/magnetic plates). When you scan those up, they weigh quite a bit and it's wearing out our rotator table axis motors (like I said, blown threw 3 of them in the last 4 years on two different machines). In addition, what irritates me is that you have to send it back to Korea to get worked on (no repair facility in U.S.) therefore, a hundred dollar motor to fix will cost you about a thousand with the shipping :( However, a little birdie told me that a U.S. based repair facility is coming to the U.S. soon. Lets hope. Does that 13,900 include the pc, exocad software/open dongle?

labman01

labman01

Reaction score
Morning Scott,
Really I think it is because we do a lot of semi-adjustable mounting (Stratos w/magnetic plates). When you scan those up, they weigh quite a bit and it's wearing out our rotator table axis motors (like I said, blown threw 3 of them in the last 4 years on two different machines). In addition, what irritates me is that you have to send it back to Korea to get worked on (no repair facility in U.S.) therefore, a hundred dollar motor to fix will cost you about a thousand with the shipping :( However, a little birdie told me that a U.S. based repair facility is coming to the U.S. soon. Lets hope. Does that 13,900 include the pc, exocad software/open dongle?

I'm almost 100% sure that Scott just quoted you the price of the scanner alone.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Morning Scott,

LOL, no rob. Nice try. Sorry, but just the scanner. I am sure it will be the cheapest price you will find.

I'll be glad to fix your scanner next time for cheaper and much faster.

I am good with motors! Wound my first motor in 2ndr grade.

Made custom R/C motors to race cars with by 5th grade.

I make my own axis motors for Lava mills! Highly modified, more powerful Maxon motors with custom rotary encoder added on the end for proper feedback.:)

You should ask Medit to alter your speed of motors for you if this happens so often. Simple change. Just a little slower.

Sounds like your belt could be too tight? This sideways load puts too much stress on motor bearing.

Or, tilt your scanner forwards 25 degrees on a incline. Split the difference between rest and scanning positions. Prevent the model from going up parallel to horizon. Just 45 degrees each way. No more 90 degrees.