Axsys Support Good or Bad?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ha! If I was smart I probably wouldn't have started this to begin with....

AaronW12321

AaronW12321

Reaction score
Their support is amazing, literally the smartest techs i've ever worked with. The Versamill 5x500L itself is not great, constant software issues, the disc changer isn't reliable, 10%+ of emax blocks break. I wouldn't personally reccomend it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Their support is amazing, literally the smartest techs i've ever worked with. The Versamill 5x500L itself is not great, constant software issues, the disc changer isn't reliable, 10%+ of emax blocks break. I wouldn't personally reccomend it.
it used to be a lot worse for single spindle mills.

some companies that bought the 5x100 back in the day when Axsys still supported DentMill software sometimes was 40% failure rate for emax.

its gotten better as has support, and many of the mills. its just not bulletproof.

think of it this way: with a dual-spindle mill you put force on both sides of the emax block as you grind. this balances out the cantilever action even though both spindles are about 4mm offset. the result is a lot more reliable, takes half the time, but you can do literally nothing else with this machine because its dedicated to emax block milling.

so a few losses has to be the trade off.

the current template for emax takes a while to mill start to finish but it does its job, and we're still trying to make it better. thing is, the pin breaks are sometimes related to part geometry, sometimes related to tool age, sometimes related to miscalibration... we can't error-correct for that within the template. we can set up rules for machining ? part setup in hyperdent already feels a bit like a system for rules for machining. duno how well that would go over.

but thanks for the feedback, i will pass that along to the rest of the team.

-Ben

Top Bottom