Aug. 2019 Best Esthetic Zr?

C

Chad Gardner

Reaction score
With new Zr coming out constantly and not personally having the funds to try them out, I’m wondering opinions on the most esthetic multilayered anterior Zr and why? Fracture strength >650Mpa or so. And second question is does it rival eMax? Thanks.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
With new Zr coming out constantly and not personally having the funds to try them out, I’m wondering opinions on the most esthetic multilayered anterior Zr and why? Fracture strength >650Mpa or so. And second question is does it rival eMax? Thanks.
realistically, there are many options out there. you can get close to all ceramic results, but they arent the same and shouldnt be compared as such. seriously though, lots and lots of beautiful high-trans zirc on the market. a lot has to do with your handling, sintering, and post sinter finishing touches.

C

Chad Gardner

Reaction score
I guess to refine my question would be to ask which looks best with just glazing?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I guess to refine my question would be to ask which looks best with just glazing?
some ppl like AG zolid fx. it doesnt work well for me. i like whipmix vericore HTX and TD Dental's ET multilayer.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
does it rival emax? strength? esthetics?
I've seen some crappy emax and crappy zirconia too.
I only use LD for veneers now. The new multilayered zirconias are very esthetic but the new glaze materials like MIYO are the secret sauces.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
does it rival emax? strength? esthetics?
I've seen some crappy emax and crappy zirconia too.
I only use LD for veneers now. The new multilayered zirconias are very esthetic but the new glaze materials like MIYO are the secret sauces.
in some cases, i would say yes. but zirconia (just as any other material) isnt a one size fits all solution.
and i completely concur, materials like miyo have made average ppl look like super stars, and has taken mediocre results and makes them pop!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
in some cases, i would say yes. but zirconia (just as any other material) isnt a one size fits all solution.
and i completely concur, materials like miyo have made average ppl look like super stars, and has taken mediocre results and makes them pop!
some labs still haven't received the memo.
I just delivered a lateral implant case where the local big box lab required 7 attempts to match an A1. Patient lost his job taking time off to return to the lab for custom staining.
I nailed it from the Trios scan the surgeon provided.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Here's a # 11( patient's right) veneer I had to match to the #21. What a lovely job this same lab did the year before eh?
friggin poseurs!

veneer11.JPG

I made an A1 and used MIYO to stain it close to a D2.
You can see how they over glazed the 21 trying to get it close to her natural teeth.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
some labs still haven't received the memo.
I just delivered a lateral implant case where the local big box lab required 7 attempts to match an A1. Patient lost his job taking time off to return to the lab for custom staining.
I nailed it from the Trios scan the surgeon provided.
SEVEN ATTEMPTS AT AN A1?
smfh, i dont understand how its possible those big chop shops remain open while us little guys get pissed on

B

basler

Reaction score
I like the whitepeaks coprasmile symphony ...but it is 600Mpa
If I dont have to play with miyo I just hand polish and looks great....at least for me .....

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
SEVEN ATTEMPTS AT AN A1?
smfh, i dont understand how its possible those big chop shops remain open while us little guys get pissed on
To be fair, it may not have been the lab's fault. Did the prescribing Dr send quality pictures with the case? Did the doctor even try to explain details about the shade (decalcification, custom translucency, etc.)? Or did the doctor simply say "A1." It's easy to point the finger at the big labs as the root of all evil, but they deal with the same headaches and low standards set by some doctors that the smaller labs do. Let's try not to demonize a lab, big or small, when the issue might not have been on their end.

B

basler

Reaction score
SEVEN ATTEMPTS AT AN A1?
7 ????? F... that 2 try ins if that don`t work go to the next case

B

basler

Reaction score
To be fair, it may not have been the lab's fault. Did the prescribing Dr send quality pictures with the case? Did the doctor even try to explain details about the shade (decalcification, custom translucency, etc.)? Or did the doctor simply say "A1." It's easy to point the finger at the big labs as the root of all evil, but they deal with the same headaches and low standards set by some doctors that the smaller labs do. Let's try not to demonize a lab, big or small, when the issue might not have been on their end.
Absolutely correct not a labs fault...

B

basler

Reaction score
Here's a # 11( patient's right) veneer I had to match to the #21. What a lovely job this same lab did the year before eh?
friggin poseurs!

View attachment 33319

I made an A1 and used MIYO to stain it close to a D2.
You can see how they over glazed the 21 trying to get it close to her natural teeth.
nice job

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It was definitely the lab's fault as I mentioned in my post. Complete incompetence since the patient went to the lab for the shade selection.
I have provided 2 examples to prove my point. Either you own it or get out of the way.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
this is true and completely fair! my bad.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
It was definitely the lab's fault as I mentioned in my post. Complete incompetence since the patient went to the lab for the shade selection.
I have provided 2 examples to prove my point. Either you own it or get out of the way.
Didn't catch that the first time. My bad!

Top Bottom