Audental zirconium

D

DPS

Reaction score
Has anyone used audental zirconia discs ? Would you say its of average quality or low ?My main concern is strenghth and fracture toughness . Most of our work load is single copings and bridge copings up to 6 units .

D

DPS

Reaction score
So i started using this zirconia 4 months ago and here is my experience if anyone is interested:
I only used audental Ht , as framework , with audental liquids . Colors were fine . I went with their recommended 11 hour cycle and so far , have not had any fracture and warpage .
One thing that really bothers me is that these blanks wear burs very quickly , i had to change 2 burs in 4 month and also there seems to be inconsistent quality among the blanks , some being hard on burs and some being extremely hard ! ( i only used the original sirona DC burs which used to last up to 5 or 6 months with pritidenta , zirconzahn ,... ) .
I emailed them about this issue and they said they also have softer blanks with scaling factors between 1.242 and 1.245 . I cannot confirm that yet.

Attachments

• 20221126_210832.jpg
    20221126_210832.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 12
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your follow-up feedback, but inconsistent discs and an 11-hour sintering cycle even for single copings? would make it time enough for me to move on to a different zirconia.

S

Shanebeing

Reaction score
So i started using this zirconia 4 months ago and here is my experience if anyone is interested:
I only used audental Ht , as framework , with audental liquids . Colors were fine . I went with their recommended 11 hour cycle and so far , have not had any fracture and warpage .
One thing that really bothers me is that these blanks wear burs very quickly , i had to change 2 burs in 4 month and also there seems to be inconsistent quality among the blanks , some being hard on burs and some being extremely hard ! ( i only used the original sirona DC burs which used to last up to 5 or 6 months with pritidenta , zirconzahn ,... ) .
I emailed them about this issue and they said they also have softer blanks with scaling factors between 1.242 and 1.245 . I cannot confirm that yet.
Hello, Could you please contact me for details

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad product overall, why bother any further?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
the life of a milling burr depends on unit/time counter not just span of months, I have tried in the past some zirconia and you could hear the zirconia hardness during milling.
milling burrs are definitely different from each manufacturer, and the original burr is always the best

Top Bottom