Atlantis abutment prices

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I would try to do a Atlantis Custom Base with a Zirconia monolithic crown. I try not to layer anything unless I have to.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Legitimate question: With companies like DESS and Truabutment, why the hell does anyone pay for an Atlantis abutment?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Do those companies have local reps? Just like everything else...support. If I have a problem, I can call an Atlantis rep who is local to help me solve the issue.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Do those companies have local reps? Just like everything else...support. If I have a problem, I can call an Atlantis rep who is local to help me solve the issue.
I get that, but I can be on the phone with Tony from Truabutment in minutes. I guess I just can't believe that people are spending $140+ MORE for a custom abutment from Atlantis.

K

KC Joe

Reaction score
I would try to do a Atlantis Custom Base with a Zirconia monolithic crown. I try not to layer anything unless I have to.

Thanks Brett. That's what I was looking for...another option to offer the dentist. I haven't done many restorations on Keystone Genesis, so wasn't sure what was available.
Ended up offering her 3 options:
1)Screw-retained PFM
2)Zirconia, per your suggestion
3)Reduce opposing 2-3mm and do the Emax to Ti abutment she wanted. ;)

She went with #1.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I get that, but I can be on the phone with Tony from Truabutment in minutes. I guess I just can't believe that people are spending $140+ MORE for a custom abutment from Atlantis.

My situation may be a bit unique. Our area is dominated by Straumann. I think 85% of all the cases I see are Straumann. In the past, the local clinical Straumann rep has told some of my doctors that I am not trained in an effort to get them to not trust my recommendations. I will absolutely use a Straumann abutment if that is what my doctors ask for. When they ask for my recommendation, there is no question that I tell them about Atlantis and why I prefer their abutments. I started using Atlantis around 2010. I have done thousands since then. I average about 50 abutments per month with them. I was able to grow my implant business because I was confident in the Atlantis product I was offering my doctors and because of the support that Atlantis(now Dentsply) supplies. If I were to start using a different abutment, it would hurt the credibility I have built up with my clients. It also may give a certain rep in my area the ammunition to tell my doctors that I only care about price and not quality. None of this is to say that Truabutment and Dess make inferior products. I use Dess also. Having said all this, the cost of the abutment is included in the fee my doctor's pay and they understand the value that is included in that price.

Top Bottom