Astra Tech help needed

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a case I cant locate the parts for. Dr says its an Astra Tech. Patient showed up with a very loosened screw that had become bent. I managed to get the screw out, but I cant identify the implant replica and screw Ill need. Dr wants me to reuse the abutment. The impression transfer is a silver/ gray with a very slight bronze tint. It has the screw all the way through/ open tray technique.

The screw takes a driver like Zimmer and the threads match a Straumann SC if that helps?

20200215_080659.jpg

user name

user name

Reaction score
I havent heard back from the Dr yet. I dont know why she thinks its an Astra (?)
Possibly may have used the wrong impression transfer?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thats helpful. Thank you.
I still cant find the parts on Dentsplys site though.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks both of you. I just found a number for a rep in this area and sent the pics. she says Astra TX. (?)

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
We have Astra TX parts (osseospeed) and includes in the catalog on the last page the screw options with measurements. All of these parts are FDA approved too

Attachments

• Astra Osseospeed Compatible Components.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Just FYI - that image showed some closely positioned vertical struts - so that suggested it is an EV -
which have a unique connection that prevents at custom abutment from seating fully if not properly aligned.
The images was only from one angle - so if those closely spaced struts go all around, that would more
likely be NOT the new EV, but the Astra Osseospeed 3.0.
If I remember correctly, the 3.0 has gold or yellow colored impression posts and analog.
That one looks too narrow to be the 4.0 . . .
Do look up the actual catalog to familiarize yourself.
I am still inclined to think it is an EV . . . but again, I don't see a good reason why the surgeon
cannot provide a surgical report indicating what implant was placed, maybe the restoring
DDS is not comfortable discussing that much into the details, but that should be front and center
before providing an Rx to the lab.
And if this was made by another lab, and you now inherit it for some reason, I would hesitate
to use someone else's abutment to take on the responsibility for restoring that restoration.
Just my 2 cents.
LCM

user name

user name

Reaction score
Parts will be here shortly, as well as the company rep.

Patient did show up with a broken crown and loose abutment and bent screw. I will be reusing the abutment.

Rep and Dr have been in contact and apparently received records from the original Dr.

Its an Astra TX (osseospeed )

Ill give an update when everything arrives.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Good deal. Try to have rep ask to look at the X-ray of the crown when it was still in the mouth . . .
that may give you a clue why it did not fit and became loose . . .
Esp. if the abutment was never fully seated in the first place. You never know . . . but I would before
I reuse the abutment on a cast that I did not see an impression post seat fully in the mouth.
LCM

user name

user name

Reaction score
Well, the Rep never showed up like she said she would.

At least the wrong parts showed up on time.