Astra EV multibase abutments vs scanbodies

K

KISSDentalArts

Reaction score
Hi All,

By chance do any of you commonly use Astra EV enough that you could point me in a real direction? I've been out of the parts/implant specialty for a bit and I wanted to see if there's an Astra EV multibase(multiunit) abutment workflow that works for you to scan and print/mill a bridge in house that would fit the abutments without a lot of trivial workflow changes? The lab that I previously worked with did not utilize this particular workflow and simply scanned the parts on the model once they were cut down based on the setup. We don't have a setup in this particular instance.

All of my prior knowledge points to anything using an Atlantis scanbody only being able to send to Atlantis. I've heard mixed reviews on whether the multibase abutment interface is the same as some other systems and possibly being able to use their scanbodies. Has anyone done this method, do you know what others would be compatible as far as fit goes? I had heard Biohorizons, but then heard that no, those don't work. So, I'm reaching out to the collective best resource of asking here.. :)

Thanks for any useful info anyone can provide!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Aside from Atlantis for OEM, Tru AButment, Argen, Dess. But if the scan contains the atlantis Scan Body then I think Dess has them in their library, but might be the FLO scan body. But it all comes down to the scan body used.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
Hi All,

By chance do any of you commonly use Astra EV enough that you could point me in a real direction? I've been out of the parts/implant specialty for a bit and I wanted to see if there's an Astra EV multibase(multiunit) abutment workflow that works for you to scan and print/mill a bridge in house that would fit the abutments without a lot of trivial workflow changes? The lab that I previously worked with did not utilize this particular workflow and simply scanned the parts on the model once they were cut down based on the setup. We don't have a setup in this particular instance.

All of my prior knowledge points to anything using an Atlantis scanbody only being able to send to Atlantis. I've heard mixed reviews on whether the multibase abutment interface is the same as some other systems and possibly being able to use their scanbodies. Has anyone done this method, do you know what others would be compatible as far as fit goes? I had heard Biohorizons, but then heard that no, those don't work. So, I'm reaching out to the collective best resource of asking here.. :)

Thanks for any useful info anyone can provide!
The Astra EV multibase top is the same as Nobel MUA (and several others including biohorizons, neodent, 3i, etc). DESS has several solutions to help you that will enable you to scan on top of those MUA and then choose either tibase or direct to MUA solutions (for both temporary and final) . In addition we have MUA for Astra EV that have several design advantages as well. Please contact us at www.dess-usa.com or [email protected] or 855 337 7872. If you are outside of the USA we can direct you to a distributor.

Top Bottom