asiga printers

G

grantoz

Reaction score
im very interested in buying an asiga printer probably the max i know a few people have them on this site .how have you found their service reliability the quality and cost of the printed models. help and advice will be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
I have not heard great things on this side of the world Grant. The testing on all the materials have not been so thorough. But if you like tinkering and testing the printer itself it has reliable hardware.

Last edited:
Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Hey Grant, I have an Asiga Max and it has exceeded my expectations. I am currently printing models w/removable dies and all of our castables. It's very easy to learn, next to zero maintenance, and highly accurate. I literally haven't had a failed print in weeks. Use any materials you want. And as a bonus, Whip Mix is great to work with. Shoot me as message if you'd like to discuss more. I'm not a salesperson. I don't work for Whip Mix. I'm just a lowly tech that loves his 3D printer Cheers

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
I have not heard great things on this side of the world Grant. The testing on all the materials have not been so thorough. But if you like tinkering and testing the printer itself it has reliable hardware.

so, the printer's good but the materials aren't? it's open for use with any 3rd party resin, though. is there any reliable dental resin producers?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Labwa does not have an Asiga. So why would you listen to him? LOL (No offense Labwa, we know you are a great guy).

Read carefully! There is no tinkering, this is the real thing. I have had other printers and this is the best in value and performance.

I got one of the very first Pro 2s last year and it has exceeded our expectations. The print materials are great for models, and they are refining clear resins for splints and guides. WM now has their own model material that is very nice.

What people don't understand is that you ultimately will pay big $ for 3shape software model builder and new modules than you will for the printer. Get the best printer you can or none of it will be worthwhile.

L

labtek

Reaction score
Labwa does not have an Asiga. So why would you listen to him? LOL (No offense Labwa, we know you are a great guy).

Read carefully! There is no tinkering, this is the real thing. I have had other printers and this is the best in value and performance.

I got one of the very first Pro 2s last year and it has exceeded our expectations. The print materials are great for models, and they are refining clear resins for splints and guides. WM now has their own model material that is very nice.

What people don't understand is that you ultimately will pay big $ for 3shape software model builder and new modules than you will for the printer. Get the best printer you can or none of it will be worthwhile.

What are you using your printer for specifically?

L

labtek

Reaction score
Hey Grant, I have an Asiga Max and it has exceeded my expectations. I am currently printing models w/removable dies and all of our castables. It's very easy to learn, next to zero maintenance, and highly accurate. I literally haven't had a failed print in weeks. Use any materials you want. And as a bonus, Whip Mix is great to work with. Shoot me as message if you'd like to discuss more. I'm not a salesperson. I don't work for Whip Mix. I'm just a lowly tech that loves his 3D printer Cheers

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i currently have both 3 shape model software and also zz model software i mill some models and get others printed depending on how busy we are. some of the replies have said they are good printers but the materials are poor can you explain this a little are they inaccurate ugly expensive dont set what is the problems you are seeing.from my view printing is a bit of a lucky dip anyway as many of my colleges have printers and have problems with them from time to time. thanks in advance again guys this has been very helpful. the printer will be used 99% of the time for models.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
I am currently printing all of our castables and SOME models, not all. I've tinkered with custom trays, and some hobby printing.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
can I suggest something...
assess what it is you need it for and research accordingly. there is (in my opinion) a bit of a way to go for myself to justify purchasing a printer. I do believe there are a few great options out there and the asiga is definitely one of them... But research based on your requirements then go and see for yourself. Get models, copings, guides printed in different printers and assess what YOU think is best - then stand by any decision you make based on your experience, not someone else's. Its your hard earned money that you will be spending so spend wisely! Personally I think that there is a little bit more development needed (in the material aspect) before results are clinically consistent. - this is just my opinion. This said, I will definitely be printing in the future when and with what is yet to be determined ;)

G

grantoz

Reaction score
chalky i agree with you but for me its very very close i have done all the things you have suggested already but thanks for your imput. the good thing about dln is you will always get even more info than you think possible and different ways of looking at things. the other info you get is what the suppliers are like and what service you get when things go pear shaped.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Very true Grantoz... support is very much a major contributing factor

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Reaction score
im very interested in buying an asiga printer probably the max i know a few people have them on this site .how have you found their service reliability the quality and cost of the printed models. help and advice will be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

We have a Eden 260V, 3 FormsLab and an Asiga Pro 2. They all serve their own purpose with the Asiga being the main work horse here for models using the WM Ivory so far to be the best. Forms does well in a pinch for models without removable dies and does all of our surgical guides/splints with the clear resin. The Eden is good for when our full arch models need printed and are backed up on the other printers. A lot of the specifics and whys behind the choosing of which printers goes in to a lot of research. If you would like to discuss more feel free to shoot me a message! Good luck!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
mathew thanks for the info my main use by a long way is crown and bridge models and implant models i mill the rest of the appliances is the asiga good for full models? .if yes or no can i ask why.?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
mathew thanks for the info my main use by a long way is crown and bridge models and implant models i mill the rest of the appliances is the asiga good for full models? .if yes or no can i ask why.?
@grantoz , I use my Asiga Max for full arch models on a regular basis.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
We have a Eden 260V, 3 FormsLab and an Asiga Pro 2. They all serve their own purpose with the Asiga being the main work horse here for models using the WM Ivory so far to be the best. Forms does well in a pinch for models without removable dies and does all of our surgical guides/splints with the clear resin. The Eden is good for when our full arch models need printed and are backed up on the other printers. A lot of the specifics and whys behind the choosing of which printers goes in to a lot of research. If you would like to discuss more feel free to shoot me a message! Good luck!
have you attempted to print splints with the Eden or the Asiga? I'm curious as to your results. Are the results from the FormsLab consistent>?

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
I would like to invite all of you to come see the Asiga printer in action at Chicago Lab Day at the Whip Mix booth. I think we are at Booth D43. We have a new set of printed models, with castables, analogs, surgical guides with sleeves, etc. Take a look for yourself of what this printer can do. I am not a CDT, but I print models, castables, and surgical guides for labs daily with the Asiga printers, and our technical support for the printers is second to none! Come see us at the Whip Mix booth at Lab Day, I would be more than happy to meet some of you guys from DLN there! Hope to see some of y'all there.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
so, the printer's good but the materials aren't? it's open for use with any 3rd party resin, though. is there any reliable dental resin producers?
I have heard that the 3rd party resins have not been tested sufficiently. Let me be clear...Whipmix is killing it with these. That's why i said our side of the world. (Australia)

No i don't have one, but i would buy one if i didn't think there were better options out there. I have had an Asiga in the past and i have nothing against the hardware. It's simple technology. Just not a fan of the business in Australia....Nothing more nothing less. As for accuracy i don't believe much before i see metrology reports.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
labwa have you had much to do with the manufactures in australia i thought that it would be a no brainer as both you and the guys who make asiga printers are both oz residents.