Asiga File For printed face shield www.asiga.com/covid-19

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Hey Guys if you haven't seen The Asiga file for printed face shields check out their website for the print file to print the headpiece part, you get the clear plastic shield part from office suppliers .An Asiga max can print three an hour at 150 microns you get the elastic strap[button hole elastic] from spotlight which is a haberdashery suppliers in OZ or something equivalent. I would like to thank Graham and the team from Asiga for designing it, for all printers ,they have sent the file on to other printer manufacturing companies to use with their printers also .They don't get anything out of it Graham came up with the design to help his sister in England who is a nurse at the local hospital as they didnt any face shields left . As dental labs we can make a difference if we all make some shields and drop them off at the local hospital i found 50 shields that i had for years sitting in a storage area i took them down to the local hospital they went straight to the maternity ward .

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Here's a few designs I've been printing for the last few weeks...best material so far was PETG as far resiliency goes...you'd need a filament printer for that, light cured resins are way too weak and break easy IMO... Dontknow

Attachments

• DDS V3.stl
    284 KB · Views: 12
  • FINALVISORhingedv3.stl
    16 MB · Views: 6
  • MV3D 9-4 PLA.STL
    284.6 KB · Views: 6
  • MV3D 9-5 PLA.STL
    430.5 KB · Views: 5
G

grantoz

Reaction score
i think its about using what you got to help ,did you look at the design and finished product on line yet i would like to know what you think. it looks pretty solid and usable the way it is, im printing some up now for my staff to use when they come back to work on monday. after that ill be printing up spares for the local hospital. i think the whipmix guys with their lab partners have printed in the thousands so far so it all helps.

Top Bottom