ARUM 5x-200

J

JM Dental Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum.
I am currently considering buying a 5x-200 to attend the needs of our metal department for the lab. We currently have a 5x-300 and two Wieland Zenotec Select mills.
Anyone has experience with the 5x-200 in terms of reliability and final results?
Kind Regards,
P

C

charles007

Reaction score
Check with Axsys Dental Solutions that sells the VersaMill 5x-200, and one of our Sponsors here on DLN. Axsys can give you the names of labs that bought 5X-200 mill and DLN members.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
our 5x400 has been flawless. The 5x200 is even more robust for metal.

J

JM Dental Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Check with Axsys Dental Solutions that sells the VersaMill 5x-200, and one of our Sponsors here on DLN. Axsys can give you the names of labs that bought 5X-200 mill and DLN members.
Thanks,
Id rather have some feedback on the Arum 5x-200 and comparisons with Imes Icore 350i plus/650i and the Zirkozahn M5.

J

JM Dental Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
our 5x400 has been flawless. The 5x200 is even more robust for metal.
I own a 5x-300 and its doing pretty well. Only had some issues on the e-max milling but it was all about getting used to proper nesting to optimise tool life. Other than that, running pretty smooth two years down the line.

K

kgdental2013

Reaction score
I have used 5x-300 in the past. Good for general milling, but had some issues for metal milling. Now I am using DM200-5M (Another Korean milling machine from Robots and Design) for metal discs and implant bars. For metal milling, I recommend looking out for spindle power. Usually, general milling machines have 0.5kW and for metals higher than 2kW is good. So far, everything is good.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
I have used 5x-300 in the past. Good for general milling, but had some issues for metal milling. Now I am using DM200-5M (Another Korean milling machine from Robots and Design) for metal discs and implant bars. For metal milling, I recommend looking out for spindle power. Usually, general milling machines have 0.5kW and for metals higher than 2kW is good. So far, everything is good.

How is everything with Robots and Design machine? I was lookinh into them but afraid regarding support etc...which CAM do you have?