Articulator recommendation

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Stratos have an awesome facebow if that matters to you.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Will you be having to use articulator for facebow mounting? If not, why spend the money on a fancy articulator? I've tried mags on several different articulators, never cared for the concept-EXCEPT when I worked at a dental school and students brought their models in without an articulator. I could quickly put the case on a Hanau wide view, which I like as an articulator. I have a first generation Enzo that's like nearly brand new I'd like to sell because its just sat in a box for a decade, that I tried for removable cases. I had a Stratos 200, didn't like sold on eBay. I did like the leg at the back that allowed you to tip the articulator back at a 45 degree angle, which most of the new ones allow for now. Problem is my docs are all Hanau/Whip Mix, and not willing to invest in Ivoclar, so it sat on the shelf next to Enzo. Haven't used an analog, shim, or condyle positioner in over 30 years, so if you're buying all those accessories, you're hopefully in a specialized clinic, and your docs have the training to go along with using that stuff. Not trying to be negative, just offering opinion. And I can suggest that if you are going to buy an articulator, buy on ebay. There's usually all kinds for decent prices.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Will you be having to use articulator for facebow mounting? If not, why spend the money on a fancy articulator? I've tried mags on several different articulators, never cared for the concept-EXCEPT when I worked at a dental school and students brought their models in without an articulator. I could quickly put the case on a Hanau wide view, which I like as an articulator. I have a first generation Enzo that's like nearly brand new I'd like to sell because its just sat in a box for a decade, that I tried for removable cases. I had a Stratos 200, didn't like sold on eBay. I did like the leg at the back that allowed you to tip the articulator back at a 45 degree angle, which most of the new ones allow for now. Problem is my docs are all Hanau/Whip Mix, and not willing to invest in Ivoclar, so it sat on the shelf next to Enzo. Haven't used an analog, shim, or condyle positioner in over 30 years, so if you're buying all those accessories, you're hopefully in a specialized clinic, and your docs have the training to go along with using that stuff. Not trying to be negative, just offering opinion. And I can suggest that if you are going to buy an articulator, buy on ebay. There's usually all kinds for decent prices.
Thanks for the response John! I ended up going with the AD2 and so far I'm happy with it. I work at a clinic with 2 docs and we do a lot of hybrid dentures, all-on-X immediate load, and some locator bar cases so the docs wanted to be able to use a facebow just incase we needed it. I'm also basically using the articulator for all of our cases (except for flippers and the like where I use the trusty old fosters, which I love actually haha) and they're staying in house for the most part.

I believe you helped me in another thread with my first locator bar denture. Your advice was awesome! The case went great and our patient was very happy to have her case right before Thanksgiving so thank you very very much for your guidance! She called us later that day bragging about the first steak she's gotten to eat since getting out of her temporaries!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good articulator? Preferably with magnetic mounting plates. I just need it mostly for dentures/partials and would like to be able to check lateral and protrusive excursions, but also able to lock it in place for centric.
Whatever you can find on ebay. Don't spend a kilobuck on a piece of equipment that will collect dust. If you have offices that are aware enough to warrant using such tools, that's awesome.

But.
I have used my hanau h2 like 4 times since buying it as the bites are not accurate enough for the difference between an nice articulator and an avg values brass one to even get noticeable.