Argen

Henry

Henry

Reaction score
Is anyone using the noble copings from argen? Having some ceramic issues of bubbling and separation from the metal. These are their CAD-CAM generated copings

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Are you finishing the metal with stones or carbides? You should be using stones for the nobel and carbides for the high nobel.

I use argelite 54B and never had problems as you have described.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Is anyone using the noble copings from argen? Having some ceramic issues of bubbling and separation from the metal. These are their CAD-CAM generated copings

Are these the laser sintered Nobel Cad copings that Argen is producing?

They have 2 varieties to date as I heard, a Chrome non prescious and a Paladium/chrome Nobel.

What porc are you using? What are the instructions for condidioning prior to opaque aplication?

Henry

Henry

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Yes they are the laser sintered Nobel Cad copings (Paladium/Chrome). We are using DSign and the CTE falls in line with the alloy.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
porosity in alloy I would imagine?

SLS does not produce the density that casting does.

It's like alloy foam! LOL

Maybe brush on a slurry of thin ?(small particle)? + opaque at higher than normal temp to "seal" the surface??

Then, opaque as normal??

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Laser sintering may cause inclusions and porisities. Be sure you are following the conditioning cycles that are recommended. If the coping requires any chemical baths do not skip them.

I'm not sure about the specific ally you are working with, but the ones I worked with had issues with contamination and irregular surfaces with entrapment.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Yes they are the laser sintered Nobel Cad copings (Paladium/Chrome). We are using DSign and the CTE falls in line with the alloy.

I would contact Eric at Argen and speak with him about your issues. He is a great guy.

While I assume your doing everything by the book, when I have these sporadic issues I reevaluate our technique and make sure we really are following the specific protocols for the specific situation.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe develop a new porcelain furnace that has pressure on the first bake, and not a vacuum? Force porc into holes as they pop! Get close to melting of alloy.

(my crazy mind trying to re-invent the wheel)

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Are you finishing the metal with stones or carbides? You should be using stones for the nobel and carbides for the high nobel.

I use argelite 54B and never had problems as you have described.

rkm, why the difference for N and HN, stones vs carbides?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Maybe develop a new porcelain furnace that has pressure on the first bake, and not a vacuum? Force porc into holes as they pop! Get close to melting of alloy.
(my crazy mind trying to re-invent the wheel)

Actually, you are not tooooo crazy (I have to remind myself who I'm talking to here).

We had a couple pressurized argon furnaces here that we used on an R&D/beta testing project a couple years ago. The manufacturer pulled them when the project was dropped, but it did involve powdered metal copings.

We also used a combination of vacuum and backfed argon for titanium porcelain back in the days when we were committed to that stuff.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
  • Actually, you are not tooooo crazy (I have to remind myself who I'm talking to here).
We had a couple pressurized argon furnaces here that we used on an R&D/beta testing project a couple years ago. The manufacturer pulled them when the project was dropped, but it did involve powdered metal copings.

We also used a combination of vacuum and backfed argon for titanium porcelain back in the days when we were committed to that stuff.

LOL glad to see you guys bonding.

Henry

Henry

Reaction score
thanks for the help. Mark, hope all is well. Henry Martin

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
thanks for the help. Mark, hope all is well. Henry Martin

Holy smokes, Henry! How are you my friend!! Welcome! I hope the problems get worked out for you! See you in a couple weeks!! :D