Argen SLM 25

K

KC Joe

Reaction score
There must be some folks still doing pfm, right?
Is anyone working with Argen's SLM 25?

If so, a couple (or 3) questions:

1) are you using a bonder before opaqueing? if so, which one?
I've been using Bredent's ceram Bond on my high palladium alloys, however it browned out pretty bad on this metal.

2) any issues with the fit?
I was told all I would need to do is run a carbide bur over the surface, sandblast and degass. The funny part is, I believed that. :rolleyes:
A four unit bridge, I spent a half hour fitting--and never really got it the way I would like...but it was "ok'--and another half-hour grinding out surface pits and irregularities. So basically about the same amount of time if I had waxed and cast it the traditional way.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

M

motovan

Reaction score
There must be some folks still doing pfm, right?
Is anyone working with Argen's SLM 25?

If so, a couple (or 3) questions:

1) are you using a bonder before opaqueing? if so, which one?
I've been using Bredent's ceram Bond on my high palladium alloys, however it browned out pretty bad on this metal.

2) any issues with the fit?
I was told all I would need to do is run a carbide bur over the surface, sandblast and degass. The funny part is, I believed that. :rolleyes:
A four unit bridge, I spent a half hour fitting--and never really got it the way I would like...but it was "ok'--and another half-hour grinding out surface pits and irregularities. So basically about the same amount of time if I had waxed and cast it the traditional way.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have had nothing but good luck with it fit is great had argen set my perameters creation ceramics works well with it no bonder. Noritake had some gas bubble issues

doug

doug

Reaction score
We've been using it for a few years. Our last doc to use PFM is retiring and with that we will not be doing anymore.
When the units come inI check the margins and thins them. Blast with 240micron AlO2, go straight to first opaque.
I adjusted the spacer setting during the first few cases. It is a set it and forget it process now.