Donator
Reaction score
* smartphone meltdown, see below :)

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So I wonder where the discrepancy lies between all of the experiences. .... Is it where they're manufactured, who makes them, which shift? I'm truly curious.

As in Argen Canada compared to Argen U.S.?

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
As in Argen Canada compared to Argen U.S.?
Maybe, but just not that. The differences between programs for model building on the lab end, even down to the settings we use. On the production side: the difference in whose hands work the printers, pack, and check quality control. If some of us are having problems, and some aren't, then it can't be 100% the printers they use.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
And for what it's worth, Carbon printers are pretty cool.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but just not that. The differences between programs for model building on the lab end, even down to the settings we use. On the production side: the difference in whose hands work the printers, pack, and check quality control. If some of us are having problems, and some aren't, then it can't be 100% the printers they use.
Surety of output quality will always be limited by/to the least capable, aware, and interested person involved.

J

Joon Hong

Reaction score
So I reccently have been having jobs cancelled by Argen for model printing. 9 times out of 10 when I call the techs can't really pinpoint why. As you can imagine, I'm getting behind on my work. Anyone been having problems with model printing cases being accepted? The main reason they come up with is probably an EXOCAD issue...
Also, I'd love to hear recommendations of other printing companies to use.

Thanks humans
If model is not hollowed on the bottom, it will be rejected (they used to just print, but not anymore)
Also, if your full arch model's one end is not connected to articulator interface, they will reject it (this is not very good reason, but they do, I use cylinder attachment option to connect them together)

J

Joon Hong

Reaction score
So I reccently have been having jobs cancelled by Argen for model printing. 9 times out of 10 when I call the techs can't really pinpoint why. As you can imagine, I'm getting behind on my work. Anyone been having problems with model printing cases being accepted? The main reason they come up with is probably an EXOCAD issue...

Thanks humans

Thanks humans!
If model is not hollowed on the bottom, it will be rejected (they used to just print, but not anymore)
Also, if your full arch model's one end is not connected to articulator interface, they will reject it (this is not very good reason, but they do, I use cylinder attachment option to connect them together)

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I have checked them on that. I have used the same files to have the models remade only adding a digit to the file name to get around the duplicate file problem and had models come to me with wildly different fits. As I replied in a different post, I have models from them that the DIMs fit different from one prepped site to the next, then I submitted the same file and get a model that all the DIMs fit perfectly. In my case, not the program, it has to be in the Argen process.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We've been using Argen design services to design and print our implant models. Today, we were informed that Argen is no longer supporting stl files from Exocad to do this service. We are looking for recommendations for designing and printing our impant models.
Thanks for the forewarning.....ArgenBanghead

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
We've been using Argen design services to design and print our implant models. Today, we were informed that Argen is no longer supporting stl files from Exocad to do this service. We are looking for recommendations for designing and printing our implant models.
Thanks for the forewarning.....ArgenBanghead
Many of the outsourcing facilities wont design implant models! And I don't blame them, it is a pain in the 'you know where'... These libraries are huge and are updated constantly... Is it only Exocad specific, or in general?

We use Argen for our Implant models, after Straumann started to have issues with their portal and files disappeared, after we sent them out... With that said, there is no consistency in printed implant models. On some the analogs fit fine, and on others, the analogs are loose. Very frustrating.

But, we finally took the plunge and invested in a printer. But that also means, I can't blame anyone, anymore... :cool:

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Well as the printing is mostly with consistent accuracy, it is possible to create spreadsheet with parameters to be used with different implant systems. I am sharing this sheet with my customers and the results are as needed. Alternative is that they send me exocad project and we are creating the models. Nothing complicated.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If you're doing simpler 1 to maybe 3 implant abutment cases, just go old school and use a pvs impression? Unless you have your own printer, wouldn't it help take some of the variables and inconsistencies out of the way? I suppose the hardest part of that is talking the Dr into it.

Last edited:
RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Many of the outsourcing facilities wont design implant models! And I don't blame them, it is a pain in the 'you know where'... These libraries are huge and are updated constantly... Is it only Exocad specific, or in general?

We use Argen for our Implant models, after Straumann started to have issues with their portal and files disappeared, after we sent them out... With that said, there is no consistency in printed implant models. On some the analogs fit fine, and on others, the analogs are loose. Very frustrating.

But, we finally took the plunge and invested in a printer. But that also means, I can't blame anyone, anymore... :cool:
Argen told me that they are no longer accepting Exocad model files to desing, just 3Shape files now.

S

SteveCCarter

Reaction score

Thanks humans!
Hi, I work for Imagine and I'd like to present our services as an alternative. Imagine has long been renowned for the ability to succeed with cases that other labs and milling centers simply will not touch. With nearly a decade of experience producing everything from titanium hybrid bars, overdenture bars, and hybrid single or multi-unit prosthetics, to everyday crown-and-bridge restoration - we’re ready to partner with your lab to bolster your capabilities and expand what’s possible. https://www.imagineusa.com/

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
anyone have Ross's number over at argen

new cleaning lady committed the ultimate foul and cleaned up my bench lol

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I double check contacts and occlusion.
I print a separate die to thin out the zirconia margin.
Ya I don’t do that anymore.
Contacts, margins, and occlusion are dialed in digitally.
Models are now theater just like masks.
I found that my designs weren’t as accurate when I had models to finish the crowns on. Now everything drops into place even from Medit scans lol.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm still there, where I would want to confirm things on a die and printed model. After all these years, it would be hard for me to give that up...
my woobie.gif

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm still there, where I would want to confirm things on a die and printed model. After all these years, it would be hard for me to give that up...
View attachment 41444
Contacts are the only challenge really. If you can contour the embrassures directly under the contact properly the crown will drop in. I set to zero and let the glaze snug things up. The 50 microns printer is sufficient enough to mark with foil.

Top Bottom