Donator
Reaction score
* smartphone meltdown, see below :)

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So I wonder where the discrepancy lies between all of the experiences. .... Is it where they're manufactured, who makes them, which shift? I'm truly curious.

As in Argen Canada compared to Argen U.S.?

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
As in Argen Canada compared to Argen U.S.?
Maybe, but just not that. The differences between programs for model building on the lab end, even down to the settings we use. On the production side: the difference in whose hands work the printers, pack, and check quality control. If some of us are having problems, and some aren't, then it can't be 100% the printers they use.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
And for what it's worth, Carbon printers are pretty cool.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe, but just not that. The differences between programs for model building on the lab end, even down to the settings we use. On the production side: the difference in whose hands work the printers, pack, and check quality control. If some of us are having problems, and some aren't, then it can't be 100% the printers they use.
Surety of output quality will always be limited by/to the least capable, aware, and interested person involved.

J

Joon Hong

Reaction score
So I reccently have been having jobs cancelled by Argen for model printing. 9 times out of 10 when I call the techs can't really pinpoint why. As you can imagine, I'm getting behind on my work. Anyone been having problems with model printing cases being accepted? The main reason they come up with is probably an EXOCAD issue...
Also, I'd love to hear recommendations of other printing companies to use.

Thanks humans
If model is not hollowed on the bottom, it will be rejected (they used to just print, but not anymore)
Also, if your full arch model's one end is not connected to articulator interface, they will reject it (this is not very good reason, but they do, I use cylinder attachment option to connect them together)

J

Joon Hong

Reaction score
So I reccently have been having jobs cancelled by Argen for model printing. 9 times out of 10 when I call the techs can't really pinpoint why. As you can imagine, I'm getting behind on my work. Anyone been having problems with model printing cases being accepted? The main reason they come up with is probably an EXOCAD issue...

Thanks humans

Thanks humans!
If model is not hollowed on the bottom, it will be rejected (they used to just print, but not anymore)
Also, if your full arch model's one end is not connected to articulator interface, they will reject it (this is not very good reason, but they do, I use cylinder attachment option to connect them together)

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I have checked them on that. I have used the same files to have the models remade only adding a digit to the file name to get around the duplicate file problem and had models come to me with wildly different fits. As I replied in a different post, I have models from them that the DIMs fit different from one prepped site to the next, then I submitted the same file and get a model that all the DIMs fit perfectly. In my case, not the program, it has to be in the Argen process.

Top Bottom