Appliance Language

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I am trying to sort out the language for surgical appliances as I am adding implant planning to our services. I had a Dr who wanted a "surgical guide", to me that meant CBCT, fully guided ect. Turns out it was just a "pilot hole stent"...I suppose it's a "surgical guide" as its guiding him.

Should I just call CBCT planned appliances "Guides" and any non CBCT appliances "Stents"
Anyways, I am trying to figure out how to label items for the lab prescription. Any recommendations on how to create clear communication?

Thanks,
Sean

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
most often i get requests for surgical guides....and they are pilot hole guides. sometimes they call them surgical stents, but thats less common.
i just make a call at the beginning of a relationship with a Dr and sort what they really want as a general rule and make a note as a Dr preference.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
always worth a phone call to clarify IMO... saves the headache of a bill the doctor doesn't want to pay, remakes etc. Each clinician has their own take on the technical language anyway from my experience...