Anyone using Zenotec Select Hybrid (8 Disc Changer) Dry Mill

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask if anyone using Zenotec Select Hybrid (8 Disc Changer) Dry Mill. Does it comes with the same Cam Software? that comes with the mini, select. Whats the performace like the Preparation time, time taken to mill a single crown? What do you like about it? If you can add some feedback pros and cons.

I would be really greatful if anyone can answer this for me. Thank you in advance.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yes they are the same the dongle will tell the software it is a Hybrid select. had our for years. love it when it starts to loosen up it can get frustrating, but all in all great unit.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. we have the select and mini, which we will be replacing soon i guess. so I'm looking into it. the mill and preparation time is much faster comparing to Roland 52dci. thats the reason why I'm kind of doing a survey. Roland takes about 30mins to mill a molar. Where as these Select and Mini takes about 15mins. a 3unit bridge takes about 45mins, where as in Roland it takes about 1hr 7mins. Which is a lot of difference. Working 8hours a day, no night shift so its best for us to use the Wieland product, which is more faster and productive.

Is it about the same time to mill a single crown on your machine? Please let me know.

Thanks

SmartLabJon

SmartLabJon

Reaction score
I had a Select Hyrid w/changer. It was nothing but trouble from day 1. After 1 year of "trouble shooting" the mill was replaced under warranty. We rant it for about 3 years at a maximum of 4 hours per day all dry all the time. 3 of my 4 axes went bad and they wanted to replace the spindle as well. The quote was $28,000 and the warranty was only 60 days I think. It went in the dumpster and I bought a Roland 52DCi. Couldn't be happier! I also have a Mini which is a workhorse and I wish they still made them. Yes the Roland calculates much slower and mills a little slower but I'll take it for the peace of mind. We don't have a night shift either but I usually mill overnight and there is nothing like getting up in the morning and not thinking about where did the Select fail and how much do I have to remill. They don't make the Select's any more (well they were just re-skinned VHF mills) but they do continue to support them although I'm sure parts will be hard to find soon. VHF has their own line out and Ivoclar is doing the PM3 5 and 7 if I recall correctly.

P

Prisoner 327

Reaction score
We have one running constantly about 3 years and also have his little brother without the changer(with no problems). We had one minor/repairable problem on the Z axis after 10 000+ hours, a Cherry microswitch went bad and got replaced by a professional Ivoclar field technician (in Europe). A good service background is the key to them. IMHO these are very reliable and fast milling machines.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. we have the select and mini, which we will be replacing soon i guess. so I'm looking into it. the mill and preparation time is much faster comparing to Roland 52dci. thats the reason why I'm kind of doing a survey. Roland takes about 30mins to mill a molar. Where as these Select and Mini takes about 15mins. a 3unit bridge takes about 45mins, where as in Roland it takes about 1hr 7mins. Which is a lot of difference. Working 8hours a day, no night shift so its best for us to use the Wieland product, which is more faster and productive.

Is it about the same time to mill a single crown on your machine? Please let me know.

Thanks
Molar dependent on disk size 15 min to 18 min. Wax even faster. Coping on the mini i just milled a #7 was 8 min. All stock strategies just copied and renamed for ease of finding and use. Yes is can be temperamental. But again it is all about maintenance and cleaning. Never had an issue with the disk changer for a solid 2 year, then the screw on the arm motor came loose. it was a easy fix as i do all the repairs on the mill and have a good friend who does repairs that teaches me and also does the major repairs for me. The mill runs 6 hours a day. Wieland strategies are amazing for what they are, I also use the premium wieland tools 150hrs no issues.

Care Dental Lab

Care Dental Lab

Reaction score
Molar dependent on disk size 15 min to 18 min. Wax even faster. Coping on the mini i just milled a #7 was 8 min. All stock strategies just copied and renamed for ease of finding and use. Yes is can be temperamental. But again it is all about maintenance and cleaning. Never had an issue with the disk changer for a solid 2 year, then the screw on the arm motor came loose. it was a easy fix as i do all the repairs on the mill and have a good friend who does repairs that teaches me and also does the major repairs for me. The mill runs 6 hours a day. Wieland strategies are amazing for what they are, I also use the premium wieland tools 150hrs no issues.
I'm trying to replace my regular 1.0 mm carbide bur and was told that they are discontinued. Do you purchase your burs from somewhere else? I use the premium tools too but for difficult implant milling I use the regular burs because they can break. Is Ivoclar moving completely away from providing parts, I have a mini and select, and the select just had a major repair done.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I buy them from ivoclar weh shop no issues with most implants. Also look into Sierra tools they are amazing! What issues you have with implants? Maybe it can be resolved in the Cam end. Doesn't matter premium or Normal Carbide a bad calculation will break the tool.

Care Dental Lab

Care Dental Lab

Reaction score
I buy them from ivoclar weh shop no issues with most implants. Also look into Sierra tools they are amazing! What issues you have with implants? Maybe it can be resolved in the Cam end. Doesn't matter premium or Normal Carbide a bad calculation will break the tool.th
Thanks
Ill see about Sierra
I sometimes have the 1 mm bur break during the last 10% of the mill, not sure why, I create more milling area but when milling taller implantsaround or drilling access hole they break. I really don't know how to resolve in the cam. I do buy from ivoclar webshop too but the 1.0 mm regular was on backorder and now they aren't restocking it. I'm willing to use premium however I hate it when it breaks.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
We have one running constantly about 3 years and also have his little brother without the changer(with no problems). We had one minor/repairable problem on the Z axis after 10 000+ hours, a Cherry microswitch went bad and got replaced by a professional Ivoclar field technician (in Europe). A good service background is the key to them. IMHO these are very reliable and fast milling machines.
I am really glad for your input. Thank you

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your time and input. I am glad to hear this. By the way can you send me the links to the premium tools that you were using. I just went into ivoclar website but i can't seem to find one. I may be looking at the wrong page may be. Thanks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I will once their site comes back up. looks like it has been down for a few days. now.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
thanks guys for sending the links and responding. I just started milling single crowns and bridges not long ago. I am learning a lot of stuff from you guys. i really appreciate it.
This is the bur that we use in our lab. Can you guys compare it with the links above from Ivoclar, including price...etc...

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
I buy them from ivoclar weh shop no issues with most implants. Also look into Sierra tools they are amazing! What issues you have with implants? Maybe it can be resolved in the Cam end. Doesn't matter premium or Normal Carbide a bad calculation will break the tool.
can you send me the links to their burr products on this one

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
From Zahns site,

Sieera

Top Bottom