Anyone using SnowRock flexible RPDs?

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about SnowRocks flexible RPD materials?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Ajel spoke a lot about a couple years ago.
Type Snowrock in search and tons of stuff comes up.
Sideshow Bob is another...

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I hope @AJEL is ok, we haven't seen him here in a long time.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Ajel got me doing snowrock. It's a great flexible, but we don't offer any warranty like we do with tcs,frs, or visiclear. I will say it's a great flexible if the patient is going to most likely lose some teeth in the near future. Reason being, you can use regular cold cure acrylic to it and it polishes just like acrylic as well. Downside, it's not nearly as strong as valplast, tcs, or visi. But easily repairable. Hope that helps.

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Ajel got me doing snowrock. It's a great flexible, but we don't offer any warranty like we do with tcs,frs, or visiclear. I will say it's a great flexible if the patient is going to most likely lose some teeth in the near future. Reason being, you can use regular cold cure acrylic to it and it polishes just like acrylic as well. Downside, it's not nearly as strong as valplast, tcs, or visi. But easily repairable. Hope that helps.

Acryflex or FlexFit?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we use snowrock for all our flexibles unless otherwise requested by Drs. we dont have any breaking but we have added a tooth or clasp with no issues at all. easy to work with, super durable, great option for a rigid flexible rpd

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I bought the snow rock system 3 months ago. Great system. Just using the acryflex right now because it is repairable with acrylic. Doctors love the way it adjusts and polishes. It's not as flexible as some other materials but I have not found a case yet where I need to use something more flexible for deep undercuts.

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Can Snow rock acrylic be injected with a non snow rock press such as the Myerson FlexPress?

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Can Snow rock acrylic be injected with a non snow rock press such as the Myerson FlexPress?
i tried with my flexpress. it wasn't repeatable for me especially on larger partials. it just wasn't powerful enough to inject completely. i ended up buying the injector and have had no problems. besides with their machine i can inject three cases in under two minutes. you can preheat up to six cartridges simultaneously. if you want to try with your flexpress they'll send you plenty of samples

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yes it can. before we got the snowrock system another lab was processing for us, and they have a flexpress