Anyone try these?

doug

doug

Reaction score
I saw them. I'll continue to use the Primotec light cure gel to make seating jigs. I can do it quickly and there isn't much cost in material.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

One of my accounts place their own BioHorizons implants. Those abutments don't have an internal thread to help keep the screw in place. These may work pretty slick for upper abutment placement in helping being an aide from dropping a screw. I think I'll give them a try.

It looks like they may need to use a longer screw driver though?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
...wonder if you could clip off the top if needed..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. At least above the screw bottleneck area.

With shipping to MN, they come out to be around $2.50 each. Not to bad.

Edit: hopefully you can just reorder the size you go through the most, and not have to buy the whole kit all over again?

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Ummmm...put 2 or 3 together for an insertion positioning jig...

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
...its about time I look through that bag of literature I came back with..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I figure I can try the Zhermack hard/ridged tissue that I already use, or get some Primotec gel, like doug.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if those pencil-top erasers would do the same job, especially for the larger abutments. Just cut off the top and they are like 12 for $1.

Also, heat shrink tubing used in electronics woukd be awesme for this. Put the screw in the abutment with the driver sticking out and heat. Screw is captured and the driver will be able to fit with the aded benifit of seeing the shape of the abutment.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Nice ideas, JMN, but I'm to lazy :) and what sandman showed, maybe looks just a little more professional, especially in regards to the "higher end" implant work? Drs may be impressed with them?

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
Docs are impressed that I return a single unit implant restoration with a seating jig. They always figured that it wasn't needed until they got it for free. Tthe cost is in there, just not line item

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I don't know about this one. The choke point may not be narrow enough for all screws, and not sure if this is one size fits all, how secure
is it to maintain that anti-rotation?
Using Duralay or Triad to position the jig will only give a false sense of security and it the user (read that as: new/novice practitioner)
is relying on it to completely secure the abutment in the right position, but ends up stripping the screw, or worse, the implant threads,
do you really want that product liability on your head?
Just my paranoid mind thinking out loud . . .
LCM

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I don't know about this one. The choke point may not be narrow enough for all screws, and not sure if this is one size fits all, how secure
is it to maintain that anti-rotation?
Using Duralay or Triad to position the jig will only give a false sense of security and it the user (read that as: new/novice practitioner)
is relying on it to completely secure the abutment in the right position, but ends up stripping the screw, or worse, the implant threads,
do you really want that product liability on your head?
Just my paranoid mind thinking out loud . . .
LCM

What do you suggest, just continuing to use the tactile feel of doing it by fingertips, with the ability to more easily, visually see how it's being seated?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I.V. tubing? It's clear, not sure how retentive it might be though.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I.V. tubing? It's clear, not sure how retentive it might be though.

Actually...I really like that idea. If anything just a little longer than the abutment, causing enough of a bigger outside diameter rubber grip, w/o the occlusal jig, to help hang onto. Yet, clear to be able to see through it. Could probably pick up a couple of different diameters at a hobby store?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
What do you suggest, just continuing to use the tactile feel of doing it by fingertips, with the ability to more easily, visually see how it's being seated?
This product is a 'one-size-fits' design, meaning it does not have the rigidity at the abutment itself, only on the adjacent teeth, from what I can see.
I think any traditional seating jig using something rigid, like Triad or Pattern resin/Duralay that connects to the custom abutment directly,
would be a more predictable method, no?
LCM

D

DrG

Reaction score
I don't really see the value in this product. It is not a jig, it will hide the abut for references to be positioned. I would say either a resin jig (which I really don't need) or nothing. What I do is I place the crown and abutment together on the implant. The crown acts as a jig. Sometimes contacts will not allow to seat the whole thing down, it OK, just remove the crown of the abut and push the abut in. All our abutments are custom, so the scalloping of the gingiva needs to follow the chamfer of the abut, obviously. Straumann RC connection is great for that. We don't even take xray to verify the fit the impression coping (or scan body rather). If it screws, it's in !

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I agree with questioning the value of the product.
Just FYI - I would even radiographically verify seating of Scan bodies unless the platform is supragingival and there is no question on the integration
of the implant body from a recent PA the surgeon has sent me. It is always better to have a pre-tx record of the bone level, etc before a restoration
is placed. But that's just me.
LCM