Anyone made a Trinia RPD framework, or similar non-metal version?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Looks like Trinia is being sold by Shofu America.
Would like to know how long has it lasted so far and where you are located, preferably
licensed by Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
LCM

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it is a fiber material so cut it correctly and you wont have issues.

as a partial you will have no ability to add retention by bending a clasp. it doesnt bend far before breaking especially when its thin.

i don't recommend it for this application without some strong and difficult modifications to your concept of what consitutes a workable partial.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score

as a partial you will have no ability to add retention by bending a clasp. it doesnt bend far before breaking especially when its thin.

i don't recommend it for this application without some strong and difficult modifications to your concept of what consitutes a workable partial.
who's ben?

who's per
who's fit?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing!
I have referrals from a holistic DDS and I have to explain the concept for rigidity for a RPD to work well in the long
run. Some patients even paid for HN yellow gold framework, I just needed an alternative and wondering if the technology
is out there.
LCM

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
There's also Crystal Tritan

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yeah, but good luck getting information out of those jerks.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
yeah, but good luck getting information out of those jerks.
Are they bad to work with? I don't know anything about them or the material other than the fact that they and it exist.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
coming up on 5 weeks now, sent well over a dozen messages through the contact us page, pm's to rich on DLN, and messages through the lab page that owns crystal.

no reply even acknowledging my existence.

if i call and try to speak to someone, my bet is they will have no idea why i'd be angry, and worse, have no more relevant information that i've been requesting. all i need to know is what conditions to cut it, wet, dry, and using what kind of tools. not all plastics cut the same, not all glass fiber cuts the same, and not all composites cut the same. i need specifics and nobody seems to want to give that to me, so we dropped the project completely and have gone a different direction.

and that's ok. the samples we got i did some quantitative strength testing and found it extremely lacking anyway. glad i never got the chance to begin with. this stuff is brittle, and weak. its less strong than pmma, and will not suffer any flexing. at all. its lighter than zirconia but 100x less resilient to force application.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving everyone - hope you enjoy some quality family time away from the lab.
Cheers!
LCM

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
We are using DuraFlex for non metal frames and once you have the block out technique down they are fast and last.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. You would use that in lieu of a metal linguoplate for a Kennedy Class I bilateral distal extension?
LCM

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
We use DuraFlex for any partial except bites that are so close you would use a full metal tooth. We can add teeth and clasp as needed most of the time.

Top Bottom