Anyone casting to TI interface?

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Thanks 2thm8kr. The oxide layer that forms easily blast off with al oxide. If I didn't blast it off would not fit the tri lobe.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
May I ask what the good reason is.i would then ask why they make engaging and non engaging. Mechanical retention maybe.
Engaging/Non-Engaging has nothing to do with the connection between your alloy and the base. You may want to look into taking some implant courses, it's never a bad thing to increase your knowledge base.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
E

every time we put a tourch to our alloys we change the physical and mechanical properties of that alloy which is why we add fresh alloy to every cast. The only complaint I see here is that I'm casting instead of bonding to the interface. So if a bond failure occurs it's ok because we followed directions. If someone has evidence that by heating Ti now turns into a cancer causing metal this discussion would be over
Charles, not sure how you read posts but is the TITANIUM that at 882 Celsius changes ( I think is called beta phase). It's ( the Titanium) proprieties change ( physical and mechanical). As far as I remember becomes brittle. Please check any Ti porcelain on the market and see the firing temp ( they all are around 800 max : I wonder why?).

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Charles, not sure how you read posts but is the TITANIUM that at 882 Celsius changes ( I think is called beta phase). It's ( the Titanium) proprieties change ( physical and mechanical). As far as I remember becomes brittle. Ple image.jpg ase check any Ti porcelain on the market and see the firing temp ( they all are around 800 max : I wonder why?).

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
What other concerns do you have besides bond issues

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Engaging/Non-Engaging has nothing to do with the connection between your alloy and the base. You may want to look into taking some implant courses, it's never a bad thing to increase your knowledge base.
I'm sure we could all benefit from a few course. I do understand the difference between mechanical and chemical bond. I know that u get a chemical bond with gold adapts. But isn't the waxing sleeve held in place by mechanical in which would also cast. I understand that it's the chemical bond that ultimately gives u the best bond

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
There are at least 7 technicians with various skill and experience levels advising you against this, I suspect on Monday you will have more. Besides 'How Stuff Works', do you have any peer reviewed scientific literature that backs this technique? If you do I would love to see it, especially if you have information on the benefits of implant longevity by sandblasting the abutment interface with al02. Dontknow

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Blasting at less than 1 bar don't think will hurt interface. But no I do not have any documentation to back up any of this. Just wandering has anyone tried this first hand or just don't try it cause everyone says not to. I have to admit I am hard headed and usually have to learn firsthand

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
That's why I started this post. Up Most respect to all here. One of the tech sites out there

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Ti can only be welded to Ti, he is casting semiprecious so not possible in his case.
Mixing different materials is not so good, I thougth he ment TI to TI

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
One problem is the heavy oxide between the Ti and noble alloy will cause micro movement between them in time and could cause crown failure and even implant failure.

I never want to spend time explaining what I did when I can give them a copy of the material manufacture protocols and show that is part of our GMP's as the FDA says every lab must have in place.

No playing scientist with live patients ever, ever, ever.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
The whole reason trying this is I'm tired of paying $250 for ucla abuts from noble.

Just pass the charge on to the Dr. and charge extra to account for your time.

Not that big of a deal, that's the cost of doing implant cases. It's much more

than a traditional bridge case. Components cost money as well as labor.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
....and people are worried about sending stuff to China because they don't know what they are getting....

This is why the FDA or some other Federal agency will eventually be more involved in dental labs.

It's already started this year with 3Shape.