Anybody have Vertex articulator attachments for 3Shape?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What I'm doing with the vertex in model builder is no longer adding the cups. I now just flat the male grooves on the cups
that come with the articulator, so I can attache it lower on the back of that flat edge, on both sides, to give me a little more room
for the hinge separation. I don't get a lot of base thickness from the Sirona I/O scans I'm getting, so this helps.

20190614_120101.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What I'm doing with the vertex in model builder is no longer adding the cups. I now just flat the male grooves on the cups
that come with the articulator, so I can attache it lower on the back of that flat edge, on both sides, to give me a little more room
for the hinge separation. I don't get a lot of base thickness from the Sirona I/O scans I'm getting, so this helps.

View attachment 32883
Save yourself the trouble of cutting them off. They come flat or slot for the same price per 100.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Might need some XML settings to go along about orientation and stuff... prolly you could hack the vertex DME and swap the STL out, it is just a plain ZIP file ;)
Ok......

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Thanks :) I've been using up the ones l had when I was using that system for my stone models. When I run out, I may get a couple of the 3Shape articulators. But I had forgotten about that option, so thank you for that reminder :)

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Rename the DME to ZIP, unpack, find the STL you want to swap, find and rename all XML references to the new STL name, re-zip the folder, rename it back to
DME, install... enjoy. Use Notepad ++ for XML editing.
Thank you, double zero!!! I'll give it a shot.

M