Any tips for a full suit 3d print

D

david77

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So i am getting my 3d printer in a couple of days (creality ender 3) and after a bit of learning would like to start a long project since i am getting bored of gaming. Currently i am planning on a full suit of some kind ( not to wear but to display next to my pc) The whole thing will be made out of pla since it will be printing right next to me and abs is supposed to have toxic fumes. It is quite a small print bed so it will be in multiple parts so any recommendations for attaching together and filling gaps, ive heard bondo is good at filling in gaps but its really expensive to import to the UK so are there any alternatives? Does anybody have any recommendations for a full suit to print (e.g Iron man, storm trooper etc).Are there any specific tools i should have?How much filament do you think i will need? And any other tips / recommendations?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
How good are you with 3d design ?

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Go to Thingiverse and do a search for what you want. There are ton of options. If not there, then MyMiniFactory. Milliput should fill gaps and will sand well once hardened. There is also a filling primer, but I have yet to get some and try it out. The filament needed will depend on how big you're making it.The slicer you use will tell you how much filament is needed for each bed of parts. Good luck and have fun!!

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So i am getting my 3d printer in a couple of days (creality ender 3) and after a bit of learning would like to start a long project since i am getting bored of gaming. Currently i am planning on a full suit of some kind ( not to wear but to display next to my pc) The whole thing will be made out of pla since it will be printing right next to me and abs is supposed to have toxic fumes. It is quite a small print bed so it will be in multiple parts so any recommendations for attaching together and filling gaps, ive heard bondo is good at filling in gaps but its really expensive to import to the UK so are there any alternatives? Does anybody have any recommendations for a full suit to print (e.g Iron man, storm trooper etc).Are there any specific tools i should have?How much filament do you think i will need? And any other tips / recommendations?

Bondo is just car filler, Isopon P38 which is freely available in the uk will be just as good.

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
you could even look into Green Stuff from GamesWorkshop, it's great for filling models.

D

david77

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

belive it or not my issue got solved!!:D

Mod edit: Removed 3 non-germane affiliate type links that somehow arrived in the quote.

Last edited by a moderator: