Any suggestions on a light cure unit?

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Our old enterra bit the dust. We mostly use them for baseplates, custom trays and the occasional night guard. I see people sell them for around $400 on eBay. Is it worth buying a used one or do you guys have a suggestion on some sort of new model?

Thanks!!!

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
I bought a Primotec about 12 years ago. They are in CT. Just google it. I wouldn't buy a used (abused) one, unless you get for cheap, and can change out the light bulbs. They loose efficiency after hundreds of hours of use. Or you could order one from Meta Dental, they are in NY. Meta will be less expensive by alot. Primotec is German made, das expensive!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We have an order in for a curing box from Wicked Engineering. They have been on back order for months due to the microchip shortage. We don't want to drop $3500 on the Otoflash and then have to hook up Nitrogen in order to cure interoral appliances.. My goal is to start printing nightguards and custom trays as soon as we can get our hands on the WE curing unit. Those are $1000 and dont require Nitrogen.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
We use the Form labs curing unit for most of our models and custom trays. It works well because you get even light distribution and controllable heat levels. For the price its pretty good and would recommend for a basic cure unit thats plug and play.

We use the RS Cure for our printed nightguards (KeySplint) because we can cure it in a vacuum with a more intense light that's programable to the duration we want. Has a smaller overall curing box but for some materials its ideal to cure within a vacuum but if I am not mistaken it costs a bit more than a conventional curing unit.

We just recently got the Dreve Cure unit which requires a nitrogen hookup, but haven't tested that one out yet so I have no thoughts.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
seriously works. made one for work with 36 LEDs in it, as well as a full spectrum for a salt aquarium. why anyone wouldn't make one for your application is beyond me.. so easy and works a hell of a lot better. an LED goes down, you can bypass it and keep going.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Andrew, I can certainly appreciate your ability to tinker and be creative (good on you) but I for one, don't mind usually to spend the money, buy the gadget, unbox, and use it for exactly what it was manufactured for. Easy breezy and I don't have to do any research to ensure that I have the proper wave lengths, heat/no heat, nitro/no nitro, spinny table or not, timer, LED or halogen, oh sht! did I leave that on.........

Top Bottom