74.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 4F9DC6CE-64D1-4480-9269-C5707F023191.jpeg
    4F9DC6CE-64D1-4480-9269-C5707F023191.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 55
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Snaggleteeth are overdue to return to vogue.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I was just in an office picking up an implant case. I said...'WTF. Was the surgeon wearing a blindfold when he placed this?'
The Dr admitted he did it himself, but 'thats where the bone was'. I said, fair enough; war game this out with me. How do you expect me to restore this? He just shrugged and said do the best you can. Theres no easy answers

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I was just in an office picking up an implant case. I said...'WTF. Was the surgeon wearing a blindfold when he placed this?'
The Dr admitted he did it himself, but 'thats where the bone was'. I said, fair enough; war game this out with me. How do you expect me to restore this? He just shrugged and said do the best you can. Theres no easy answers
That’s such horse****. If that’s the best they can do the patient is better served by a 3-unit bridge or some other alternative.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Who cares as long as someone is getting screwed and someone else is making money.

On a different note, I’ve always wondered what would happen if patients were contacted and told to get a lawyer cause they just got bent over and implant raped.

I’ve been begging a doc for 7 years to listen to me about a case where the implants were placed crap. First I said instead of splinting these all together let’s put some to sleep. Nope. I warned of implant failure. Implants failed. Move on to several problems later. Made a partial. I said. Hey let’s save the remaining implants and take the fixed restorations off and give this person back the smile they paid thousands for. Use locators and embrace the removable. Nope, good idea I was told. I said mark my words these implants will fail in six months. Unfortunately I was wrong, they failed in seven months. Add teeth to the partial.

I’m so close to walking away from this industry.
Rather embrace the welfare state than help crooks screw honest people over anymore.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
That’s such horse****. If that’s the best they can do the patient is better served by a 3-unit bridge or some other alternative.
that would involve non malicious forethought.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
No matter what you do, the esthetics will be compromised. And Dr needs to know this as well as pt. CYA.

Had a case a while ago for crowns #7,8. Ended up making a small screw reatained "bar"/"splinted abutments" with 2 preped abutments. Made 2 crowns over them and then used composite gingiva on the bar. The end result was a lot better than expected but pt still felt "meh" at the end. I think mostly due to the pt feeling that we were trying just to "save" the case.

Another lab had done 2 custom abutments and splinted crowns with an "extension" on the gingiva to cover the implants. It kept on falling off and a lot of food kept on getting trapped underneath.

DpsSH52.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So glad I don't deal with joker's like this any more.

Charge enough for this case that it eats heavily into their profit. They will probably start sending these Bull**** cases to a big box lab.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Or things like this will stop.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Or things like this will stop.
Got to leverage your experience and knowledge. Most times they don't see it because you weren't part of a fraternity or college.:rolleyes: (eye roll, I think...)

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I’d probably wax and cast a Gold-adapt “custom” abutment....
don’t really think you’re getting that angle in CAD.. not even familiar with MIS

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Did one like this a couple years back and I used angled abutment then attached to that with a lingual set screw and taco shelled the facial. Good luck!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm getting old and cranky...that usually means one thing!!! No flippin' way am I touching this...I've sent so many of these back I lost count. I won't touch them, they'll find a lab that will I'm sure (so be it). As for the Doc saying, "that's where the bone was"...yeah, no shlt Doc!!! Their is a new novelty out there, it's called a bone graph!!! I think at least in my area I'm making some headway, most of the GD's only send to this surgery office I recommended (they are great at placement, and do flap/graph where placement is critical).

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We all become old and cranky. What took you so long.
I see a chat room theme in the future.

Ya, you digipunks will be there soon. Ai Ai oh! :eek: