Any diff btwn blasters for sand & glassbead vs. Walnut shell?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm unaware of the what makes them different. Is it just orifice size? What size is needed for shell media?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Every nozzle is sized to a certain blasting media grit ...never used shells, but I'd say it goes by grit as well ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I saw 18 grit walnut media, and wasn't sure what aside from the tip may be different as I used 25micron AlO2 and 50 micron? glass

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I saw 18 grit walnut media, and wasn't sure what aside from the tip may be different as I used 25micron AlO2 and 50 micron? glass
18 grit is about 1mm (or 1000 um)...you'd need a huge tip for that...not even sure that a standard dental size sandblaster could run something that coarse...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
18 grit is about 1mm (or 1000 um)...you'd need a huge tip for that...not even sure that a standard dental size sandblaster could run something that coarse...
That's what I'm wondering as well

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I can't believe anyone eats grits, walnut or otherwise.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Always used 50micron for both Alox and Glass bead . With the .025 tip.
Why? Because it works? And taught?. Hmmmm2
Walnut may be a larger grit?
Not sure, more focused on Football today!!

user name

user name

Reaction score
I'm unaware of the what makes them different. Is it just orifice size? What size is needed for shell media?
I wish I knew you were looking. I just tossed mine last year. It sat for so many years with out getting used so I cleaned house.

Mine was very similar to this. Recycles the media. Just syphons it up and blows it.
blaster.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew you were looking. I just tossed mine last year. It sat for so many years with out getting used so I cleaned house.

Mine was very similar to this. Recycles the media. Just syphons it up and blows it.
View attachment 24766
Oh well. Thanks anyway. Still need a compressor, just planning ahead at this point.