Another iterror question/issue

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Received three unit case, free end, with open bite in file. Models from iterror mount correct. File bite is open
and shifted.
Where does the problem lie... iterrror or doc. Next to impossible to really get a correct bite using the
”correct antagonist ” feature. Minimum clearance on 18. Models show midline hitting pupilla on max.
This is why I prefer on impression .🤬
Again , where’s the finger point to? Help!!

8590AF29-1168-4065-B583-23535AFB6DB9.jpeg

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
you still have to pour models from an impression.
At least digital saved you that labour.

I'm sure you have a solution but I would make sure the dr is seeing the same thing on his end.
It could be a bite scan technique problem.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
you still have to pour models from an impression.
At least digital saved you that labour.

I'm sure you have a solution but I would make sure the dr is seeing the same thing on his end.
It could be a bite scan technique problem.

any labor saved is out the window after being on hold and talking with them. No answer for why the models can be correct bite but stl is messed. Can’t reset a bite on anterior teeth.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
any labor saved is out the window after being on hold and talking with them. No answer for why the models can be correct bite but stl is messed. Can’t reset a bite on anterior teeth.
on hold with Itero or the dentist? Was the bite scan correct on dr's end?
The dr should take a right and a separate left side scan for proper alignment on full arches.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
on hold with Itero or the dentist? Was the bite scan correct on dr's end?
The dr should take a right and a separate left side scan for proper alignment on full arches.
Hold with iter. I never see any bites or how many. I mount the models on a cadent articulator and the bite is fine. It’s on my screen, it’s open and shifted. HTH!

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hold with iter. I never see any bites or how many. I mount the models on a cadent articulator and the bite is fine. It’s on my screen, it’s open and shifted. HTH!
Can't you just scan in the bite on your Itero articulator for you proper bite?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

Im lost on that one. 🤔. Modeling was going to take a look and maybe resend file to me.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Itero scans . However I'm sure the dr could copy the case and realign the bite .i can do this with Trios.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
So.... iter modeling sent a new stl of case. Bite was better but I adjusted further.
I will see how close occlusion is .
I must be missing something because I really think it’s a crap shoot. Is calling this kind of dentistry criminal, too harsh? After all the many years of making perfect models and articulations now anything flys.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
So.... iter modeling sent a new stl of case. Bite was better but I adjusted further.
I must be missing something because I really think it’s a crap shoot. Is calling this kind of dentistry criminal, too harsh? After all the many years of making perfect models and articulations now anything flys.
I don't understand if you have models and on Itero articulator, just scan into Ecocad as if a new case with stone models??

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I don't understand if you have models and on Itero articulator, just scan into Ecocad as if a new case with stone models??

Agree, sometimes they think pulling the trigger on a IOS is magic. If they can't see what's trying to be captured neither can the device. Tissue management and treatment planning are still 1st in importance regardless of record methods. 4mm Sub-G is not a great candidate for IOS

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

ok, that’s what you meant. Well maybe that’s my next option.