Anodizing Ti.

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Couldnt hurt to try, you would never know if it weakened the cement bond though. I have to think it couldnt help the bond.. The electrical process produces oxidization bubbles that might escape from the internal surface into the cement.. Although its not contacting the electrolytic solution, its still probably reacts.. Dontknow
I had the exact same thoughts. I'll keep on investigating, thanks!

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I assume it could infiltrate by capillary action along the junction where the cement fills the dozen or few microns of space around the circumference.

Whether it would is the chemist level question as it may not react at all.
I don't think this is the case. That cement has.a rather tight bond towards the Ti abutment.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I don't think this is the case. That cement has.a rather tight bond towards the Ti abutment.
I think it's a non-issue as I've done it myself if a re-contour is for any reason required post bonding and some anodized Ti is exposed to be silver coloured again. Just doesn't look right period.
From all that I understand, anodizing is at a the molecular level or less and this procedure won't effect your bond At All. We're hopefully also taking into account that the bond is not a pure slip tube bond. You likely have some abutment retetntion, horizintal grooves, lugs, sandblasting etc. I have also for quite some time placed some strategic reciprocating ( ) lock lock dimples inside the fitting surface of the screw retained crown itself prior to sintering. (avoid doing so in very thin, minimal thickness areas)

You know what we have to expose a bonded implant crown to for separation from the abutment?🙂🙂