Anodizing system for Ti Implants abutments

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
Hi All:

Can anyone send me link for a good anodizing system I can use on my implant abutments?
I am doing more & more zirconia over custom abuts. and need to hide the color of the titanium.

Much appreciated.
[email protected]

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Whats everyone using for electrolytic solution? Ive tried borax and TSP.. with mixed results. Better results when anodizing to bronze first, then going with higher voltage.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
... Better results when anodizing to bronze first, then going with higher voltage.
I've been doing that ever since you previously mentioned it, works great. Thanks for that tip :)

G

George1616

Reaction score
Hey guys, im wondering. and its may sound silly but i dont have an answer, but i want to make sure ill not mess.
if the titanium abutment is anodized, do i need to opaque it or not ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Opaque cement is better either way, you can get a lot of gray coming through if youre not coloring your zr with a opaque white. Ive had a lot of headaches with anterior implants, the crown is bright white, but over the implant it is gray. The only thing ive found to mask it effectively is IDS cad white opaque.. and yes it works.. unfortunately, they are MIA.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Hey guys, im wondering. and its may sound silly but i dont have an answer, but i want to make sure ill not mess.
if the titanium abutment is anodized, do i need to opaque it or not ?
No. All you need to do is ensure the thickness of the zirconia will mask the abutment. I design my abutments so there will be about 1mm of zirc covering up the abutment. We don't have any esthetic issues doing it this way.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
This is the one i have the voltage is capped at 65
I used to be at 65, but when I posted that in another thread, was reprimanded, chastised, and rebuked...okay maybe it wasn't that bad, but was told 63 is better. So that's where I'm at, as I don't ever want to upset the Anodizing gods, again...lol :) :)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Lol I thought this was an age joke all the way to the end.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
It's hard for me to think of a piece of equipment that has produced more ROI than our annodizer in the last 20 years.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
For a gold hue, I cap mine at 65, but the anodizer will crack up to 105 for a green hue.

1701371460582.png

Top Bottom