Angulated screw channel

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Hello all! I have been struggling with the angle screw channel since changing to Plovdiv EXO. So what happens is I choose DESS Aurum base(angle screw channel) in the CAD and tip the screw channel up to 25 degrees. The problem is when I import it into the CAM(Preciso),which is hyperdent, the screw channels are not marked and I have to manually identify the angled channel and the ti base bottom and merge them? It takes multiple tries, even when Jensen tries to help it is constant clicking, deleting clicking etc...... So my question is this, any one else have issues with angled screw channel designs importing into the CAM from EXO?? One thing I may try is to copy the library from the CAD design computer to the one that scans. The scanning computer is older(windows 7) and it works with my LAVA st scanner, which I didn't want to replace as it works, but there are no updates from steinbrechler as they no longer support it?? So the scan computer runs Valletta for EXO as it's just the data entry and scanning computer if that makes sense. That being said could it be that the older version of DESS library that scans the scan flag adversely affect the CAD data output? Thanks in advance to all who understand this troublesome , long winded question, I apologize, but I have asked and have yet to get any answer except what library what case etc what time was it, was it a full moon, were you sitting standing, was your thumb up yor #%$%$^& thanks again(FRUSTRATED)
mike

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
see if Jensen will upgrade you to Hyperdent 9.1, has a much better screw channel marking feature.

other than that, the .constructioninfo file is supposed to help bring these features from your design into the mill. if its not working well, that's on Jensen cause its their brand of CAM. they are supposed to be integrating and clearly for you integration has not gone well.